Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NightShadow395 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2016, 06:16 PM
    Why do I have so much trouble sleeping?
    I'm 12. Ever since school ended, I've had trouble sleeping. I'm on my tablet every night, even during the school year. I usually went to sleep at 10 during the school year and I woke up at 6. Now, I go to sleep at 2 even though I want to get to bed at 10 every night. And I want to wake up at 8, but I get up at 10. It really bugs me. I also toss and turn in my sleep and I grind my teeth. Sometimes, it'll be 10 and I'll be pacing my room, feeling like I need to do something. I lay on my bed and relax, but my eyes insist on staying open. Any help?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 7, 2016, 06:40 PM
    I had insomnia from about age 14 - 17, and ground my teeth too. That was 55 years ago, so I just lay there in the dark, or read - no computers.
    I'm guessing it was hormones or teen angst (worries about everything) or both, but in those days we didn't tell our parents. I also skipped both breakfast and lunch, not good!

First tell your parents. Then check what you eat and drink. Drop all carbonated sodas, especially any with caffeine. Make sure you are eating a good healthy diet.
    Get off your tablet by 9 pm.
    If you live where you can go for a walk safely after dark, do so, even if it's only 15 minutes.
    Do some help around the house - dishes, cleaning, something, anything, again, even if it's only for 15 minutes.
    Make a list. Lists aren't for everybody, but a lot of people like them. On the left side what you want to do in the future (starting with tomorrow) and on the right how you will do it.
    If you have troubles on your mind, make a list of them too, with possible solutions.

Report back!
    NightShadow395 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2016, 04:43 PM
    Thanks! I didn't realize doing activities during the day would help at night :P. Sorry I couldn't respond sooner, I was on vacation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Have trouble sleeping - can wake up 8 times in the night... What's the trouble [ 2 Answers ]

I have trouble with my sleep. Have passed many test, like sleep apnea and do not have sleep apnea. If not that, what's wrong with me?

Trouble Sleeping [ 1 Answers ]

Lately, I've been having trouble sleeping. Maybe it's because I am taking this herb/pill that is supposed to give to energy it's called rhodiola. It's really getting ridiculous; I haven't had a good sleep in four days. I like this energy, but I need to sleep. Any ideas on how to get a better sleep?...

Trouble sleeping more than 6 hours [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all: I have anxiety and depression, I am on 40mg of citalopram which is helping a lot. Lately though, I've been waking up early in the morning after only like 6-7 hours of sleep, and unable to fall back asleep. Usually I can sleep for 10 hours on a day off. I wake up and my mind starts...

Why do I have trouble sleeping at night [ 2 Answers ]

:)well to I have a lot of trouble sleeping at night and I have no Freakin clue why and I'm stuck between My bed My back And the way I sleep If you have the slightest idea please tell Meh Thanks

Trouble sleeping/anxiety? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys. I'll spare the details because they are littered around on this site anyway. But, even though it's been a few months since me and my girlfriend have broken up, and she has apparently moved on with someone else, I still find myself getting anxiety attacks and not able to sleep over...

View more questions Search