Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alanad123 Posts: 102, Reputation: 5

Jul 7, 2016, 01:24 PM
    Pains in stomach!
    My boyfriend has had pains in his stomach for over 24 hours and it's not going away! He's been to the loo and that's not helped at all, any suggestions on what we can do to help it settle or get rid of the pain?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 7, 2016, 01:30 PM
    High or low? Left side? Right side?

Jul 7, 2016, 01:34 PM
    High, just under his ribs
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 7, 2016, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alanad123 View Post
    High, just under his ribs
    I'm not a doctor. His best thing to do is get this checked by a real-life doctor. You are in the U.K.?

Jul 7, 2016, 01:56 PM
    Yeah uk
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 7, 2016, 02:08 PM
    Yeah uk
    You have socialized medicine for the best care, so get him to a doctor, okay ? He could have stomach flu, or an appendix problem.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2016, 04:27 PM
    If only we could diagnose online. Sadly, when it comes to pain, not even a doctor can offer a legitimate diagnosis.

There are no doctors on this site. We can guess, we can give suggestions, but that's really all we, or even a real doctor, can do online.

If this pain is causing enough discomfort and worry that you're looking for answers online, then it's time to see an actual doctor.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2016, 06:10 PM
    Gallbladder, kidney stone? Doctor visit is in order.

Jul 10, 2016, 12:45 PM
    We eventually seen a doctor (we've been on holiday) turns out its built up acid in his stomach due to too much Lucozade, so no more Lucozade or fizzy drinks! Doctors orders! He's been given antacids to settle it down, thanks for the help anyway guys!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 12, 2016, 12:21 PM
    We eventually seen a doctor (we've been on holiday) turns out its built up acid in his stomach due to too much Lucozade, so no more Lucozade or fizzy drinks! Doctors orders! He's been given antacids to settle it down, thanks for the help anyway guys!
    If it's acid build up I'd suggest no more soda drinks at all, also, lots of green vegetable, lettuce, green asparagus, kale, etc. It also helps to drink a glass of water with lemon in it in the morning, it helps reduce the acid in your body. Lost of natural things he can do to help with stomach acid. I know, because I deal with it all the time.

Good luck. :)

Jul 13, 2016, 01:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    If it's acid build up I'd suggest no more soda drinks at all, also, lots of green vegetable, lettuce, green asparagus, kale, etc. It also helps to drink a glass of water with lemon in it in the morning, it helps reduce the acid in your body. Lost of natural things he can do to help with stomach acid. I know, because I deal with it all the time.

Good luck. :)
    Thank you! He's feeling a lot better now
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 13, 2016, 11:25 AM
    There are many names for this - I use heartburn. The stomach bulges up under the heart, and gas collects at the highest spot.

I've had it for over 15 years, and each year it's a little worse. I turn 70 soon. Some people work very hard on their food and drink intake and others, like me, don't. I DID give up carbonated drinks!
    I buy TUMS by the case on sale, and break them in half. Eat about 7,000 mg /day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stomach pains [ 1 Answers ]

What is causing the pain in my stomach? I haven't pooped in about a week and for the past 2 days I've had a fever over 102. My temperature is down now but my stomach still hurts.

Getting pains below my stomach [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Dakota. I'm 16 years old and I lost my virginity 2 weeks ago. We used a condom but he felt it was breaking. I'm not sure if he came in it or not but when we were done he went to the bathroom for like 5 minutes and his friend said he was jacking off so I don't know. I'm really scared....

I have had stomach pains [ 3 Answers ]

I have had stomach pains along with soft yellow stoll and running brown stool.

Stomach pains [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! What to do if a person is having stomach pain in the middle and on the right side

Stomach pains [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having really bad stomach pains in my lower stomach on both sides. My best friend is pregnant and she says it sounds as though I am too. Do you think I am or is it something serious?

View more questions Search