Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MelodyCrystal Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2016, 10:03 PM
    What's wrong with me?. two years later..
    Um hi! It has been 2 years since I have last posted. :/ my last post is here, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/advice/t-801141.html if you'd like to read it. Although I will admit it is kind of cringy. It was who I was. I wrote that back when I was 14. I am now 16, turning 17 in a couple of months. I just wanted some help again..

To be honest, after the post, things didn't get better. It was full of ups and downs, and trust me I've tried to get better, but it didn't work. I started cutting, and the suicidal thoughts got worse. Funny how two years ago I said I wouldn't cut.. yet I did. I hated myself so I cut. Now I hate myself because I cut. Such a vicious cycle. After a year or so my parents found out. I tried stopping myself, but it was hard. From doing it on a daily basis to only doing it once or twice a month, it was hard. I realized cutting made me stop trying to cope with my emotions because I knew that, at the end of the day, I could just cut, and it will all get better.

This year on fabruary 29th was my first truly real attempt at killing myself. I chose the day, since it was a leap year, how cheesy of me. I tried inert gas asphyxiation. The scariest thing I've tried. I would pass out, and come back. I would feel my legs trembling, and I would hear the gas (hellium) being released of the tank. I would hear a buzzing sound. I couldn't take it. At around 5am after one of the many times that I came back from passing out I took the plastic bag off my head and went to my mom's room. Soon later things were progressing, but weeks later it got worse to the point where my school found out. That was the worst thing that could happen. The pity that I so much wanted was actually torture. Being treated like a weak child that may be getting bullied, or may have an eating disorder.. was just horrible.

After two years I've realized that I still want something bad to happen to me, but I don't want anyone to know. I just want to die, and I don't want anyone to care. I want to be out of this world, even if I come back in another body, I don't want my life. From school I was sent to the hospital, doctors, therapist. I begged my mom not to put me on pills, so I thankully didn't get them. I am not weak enough that I will let myself be supported by pills that will be written on my medical records, is what I think. After many visits to the doctors even to this day and after making my mom suffer so much its time to stop. I am trying so hard to stop and I can't.

In the past year I've not only gotten more suicidal but I have also grown to hate myself so much more to the point where I weight myself twice a day. I can't fall asleep without purging or taking too many laxs. I starve. Which is another thing I've got my mom worried about. I am trying to love me. But like I've said two years ago... "I wish I had a more exiting life. I'm just a normal human being that has no meaning in this world! Maybe that's also why I want to die because what's the point anyway? When ever I think about my future I get scared that I'll live a life where I just work, eat and sleep." Which is what I am doing now. Studying, sometimes eating, and sleeping.

I feel so empty. I watch a TV show, hang out with friends, spend time with family which I DO enjoy, but it only entertains me for awhile. So during those couple of second when I am about to put on the next episode, when I can't fallsleep or when I spend time alone I start crying at how pointless everything is. I cry at how empty I am and how I am wasting my life. You could tell me to do something interesting then, but that only fills me up in the moment. Then I am always back again watching my clock tick. Seeing how I am spending my time. Waiting until I die.

I just need help. I don't know what to do. I feel so empty. At least now my parents know, but I am scared of telling them when I am not doing good. They know, but they don't know when I am feeling this way, or truly how I am feeling. I really don't want to hurt them anymore, and I don't want to keep asking them to look out for me.

Any advice would be much appriciated,
    Mel
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 7, 2016, 04:54 AM
    I begged my mom not to put me on pills, so I thankully didn't get them. I am not weak enough that I will let myself be supported by pills that will be written on my medical records, is what I think.
    When people are trying to help,especially doctors and parents it's up to you to accept it, and in this case do as you are directed. You need to recognize that your way hasn't worked, and be willing to try their way.

That may be the change you need so sincerely try it.

I am not weak enough that I will let myself be supported by pills that will be written on my medical records, is what I think.
    That's flawed thinking since you are not strong enough on your own (Few of us are) to overcome your own issues, and FACT is you, by your own words have not gotten better, but have gotten worse. You seem to be standing in your own way of making progress and it's biting you in the butt still and getting worse because of it.

I suggest you allow yourself to be guided by your doctors and therapists, and follow their instruction to the letter so things can get better for you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 7, 2016, 05:23 AM
    The best treatment for a suicidal teen is TALK THERAPY! You got some, right? What happened?
    You are feeding your negative emotions with your purging and laxatives and I assume lousy diet. You are adding to your depression.
    You need a therapist who is good at talking about body image, and using real techniques to deal with the subject, not just talking feelings.
    I wish you could have a thorough medical exam with a huge blood panel. There are many conditions and nutritional deficiencies that have depression as a symptom, but most doctors don't know what they are.

I started on a lifelong path of depression as a teen, and blamed my mother, who was extremely miserable herself, but it made her mean.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 26 and haven't had a period in 3 years or more what could be wrong? [ 0 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old female.. I am obese and would like to know what could be causing me not to get a menstrual period in 3 years or more.. I have been checked by several obgyn's and have had no abnormal paps.. but I still do not get a menstrual.. could I possibly have pcos.. (polycystic ovarian...

Is it wrong to love someone whose older than you by 18 years? [ 5 Answers ]

I love a man whose older than me by 18 years old and he loves me too I want to know if it is wrong or not? But I truly love him and he loves me too and we can't stay away from each other

We have been trying to have a baby for 3 years, what's wrong with me? [ 2 Answers ]

Me & my husband have been trying to have a baby for over 3 years, we have been having unprotected sex the whole time that we have been together. Not ONCE have I gotten pregnant! There was one time I went 7 months without having a period, I went to the dr, they gave me birth control pills, and a...

Paid wrong for 2 years [ 3 Answers ]

At my employment I currently have 2 positions, for my second position I have been paid wrong the whole 2 years I have been in the department,(ive been paid for my first position) my boss knows this and has ignored and has failed to correct this error, been to boss, hr, payroll, and union still no...

View more questions Search