Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MindyB Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2016, 07:54 PM
    Smoke coming from my pool pump
    I was spraying water while the pool pump was off.Since it's on a timer it came on suddenly and I smelled something like wire burning.I turned around to see smoke coming out of the side.I turned off the pump.Waited a bit then turned it back on.A spark but kept running ,but I turned it off anyway.Is it possible that it will dry out? Don't know roughly how much they cost to replace.My husband could possibly fix it.He replaced the ac motor and takes care of the other pool stuff,but haven't had this problem before.I appreciate the help.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2016, 08:21 PM
    Water and electricity don't mix! Let everything dry and hope for the best.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2016, 05:12 AM
    Make sure to tell your husband what happened and let him investigate. Simply leave the pump off until then, and hopefully it was just the accidental water getting on it, and it will dry out in time with no further damage other than the smoke.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smoke coming out of vent [ 1 Answers ]

When heat turn on smoke come out of vents <e-mail removed per site rules>

Smoke coming from under my hood. [ 1 Answers ]

One day I notice smoke coming from under my hood and it started to smell badly and as I was going down the street it cut off on me. I didn't know what to do but before all of this had happen I had just had a minor oil leak and I didn't know if that had something to do with it or what,so what should...

Smoke coming into room [ 0 Answers ]

Wehadourchimney cleaned. But even before that we were getting smoke into room. We have checked for cracks and rescaled the insert area around our fireplace. Before I buy a new insert I am checking that it may be a different problem

Pool pump timer for two speed pool pump [ 1 Answers ]

Can you use the Intermatic T106R switch to control a two speed 220v motor?

Water coming from pool light conduit when pump is running [ 8 Answers ]

My brother bought a house with a pool and there were a few leaks in the plumbing. Whoever installed the pool used ABS instead of PVC which caused the majority of the leaks. These have been taken care of, but now for the tricky one... There is a piece of copper pipe that is apparently being...

View more questions Search