Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bwilly Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Jul 4, 2016, 04:00 PM
    Carpenter Ant Nest
    I found a carpenter ant (large black ants) complete with eggs under a toilet between the sub floor and a 1/4" plywood fastened to the top. The ants had burrowed between. I have eradicated the whole nest and removed the wood. How can I insure that there are not any other nests in the house. Is there are bait or other way to look for other nest(s). Can we use AMDRO bait to eradicate the ants in the house? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 4, 2016, 05:59 PM
    Check your subfloors for dampness. Carpenter Ants prefer softer wood to nest in, and damp wood is softer than dry. Amdro brand baits are moderately effective for Carpenter Ants, but I would recommend a program of treating the perimeter of the building with a 'pass-along' insecticide that the workers carry back to kill the larvae.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Huge ant? I found this ant in my pool it's about 4 inches long red legs,mid section [ 7 Answers ]

All red mid and head bottom part of body is Black and Tan he is as bigot bigger than a field mouse

Carpenter Bees [ 2 Answers ]

I have a shed in my backyard, it sit on a cement pad about 3-4 inches off the ground. I have carpenter bees drilling holes in the 1x3 under the wood siding in the front of the shed. There are quite a few males flying around to the point that the children cannot enter the yard without being swarmed....

Carpenter ants [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks , any BEST product to get rid of them? Here in FL carpenter ants are a problem also. Sharon

Carpenter bees [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently found an alarming number of carpenter bees in my front yard. Under further investigation I have found many holes and believe they are nesting in a large apple tree. I am not even able to pick up the fallen apples because of the sheer number of bees. I need to know how I can get...

Carpenter Bees and Carpenter ants [ 2 Answers ]

What can be done to prevent carpenter bees from drilling holes in cedar siding on buildings?

View more questions Search