Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jpjoh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2016, 09:03 PM
    My Insignia 32" LED TV won't turn on at all.
    My Insignia 32" LED flat panel TV won't power on at all. Several nights ago lighning struck very close to the house and it has shown no signs of life since then. This TV and another of our flat panels were on at the time. It doesn't work either. Another one in the house was off at the time and it still works. I am hoping someone can help by telling me some things to check out or how to troubleshoot it to see if it can be fixed as it isn't more than two years old and I really can't buy another one right now. It came from Best Buy. Model: NS-32D201NA14 Rev.A. S/N: 239LE32MY83AH016170. Thanks for any tips or advice you can give me.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2016, 09:26 PM
    Without electronics training or any electronic test gear... you won't be troubleshooting a TV.

A 32" Seiki flat screen TV can be bought at HH Greg for $128 in this weeks sales flier. Just looked at it now Showed up in todays paper. Its on par with the Insignia brand which is a low end economically priced unit.

I don't see how one could be repaired for less than the cost of that. And I do have an electronics background.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2016, 05:29 AM
    Check with you homeowners insurance. Depending on deductible, you may get some money if lighting caused the damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell ac thermostat "cool on" blinking air will not turn on [ 1 Answers ]

The central air unit outside will not turn on but at the thermostat it says its on? Tried circuit breaker, batteries, disconnecting thermostat from wall etc

Heater won't kick on LED flashes "2" times ? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a problem with my heat kicking on after not using it for the summer , I went to the roof and trouble shooted and there is a LED light that flashes 2 times . The manual says If the Led flashes 2 times it's the end switch , if the end switch doesn't close before the ignition period ....

View more questions Search