Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kw1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2016, 11:28 AM
    What cables do I need to connect my HDMI laptop to VGA projector?
    I've got a laptop with HDMI output that I'm trying to connect to my projector with VGA input.

I've got a VGA cable, as well as a dongle that says this in the online description: "This product is a portable digital-analog conversion line, defined through a standard HDMI input HD sources, you can convert HDMI video output to VGA"

It's not working. Have I got the right HDMI to VGA cable? Is it just that my VGA cable is faulty? I don't have any VGA-output devices that I could test the VGA cable with.

The projector works well when just projecting the "no signal" screen, or the menus, so it's not a matter of a broken projector (although maybe it's a broken input?)

I'm just trying to figure out whether I have the right dongle. This is the one I have:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009CRN810/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 2, 2016, 12:31 PM
    Does your cable plug into the product? Was there a driver for it?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jul 6, 2016, 06:10 AM
    I don't use a laptop so I may be mistaken but if it were me I would look in the bios to see if there was a setting to either enable HDMI or to set it as my video out. VGA cables do not just go bad unless pins are missing or bent.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2016, 01:25 PM
    Keep in mind, what may be happening is you are trying to drive the VGA projector at resolutions far beyond what it is capable of, particularly if its an older projector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VGA to HDMI Converter [ 5 Answers ]

Has anyone had experience with VGA to HDMI converters? I am trying to use my LCD-TV as an external monitor for my laptop. I can't get my KanexPro converter to work. Any suggestions?

How can I connect my PC to my laptop with a VGA male to male cable? [ 1 Answers ]

How can I connect my PC to my laptop with a VGA male to male cable? I don't have a monitor. I want to use my laptop monitor with my desktop.

CanI connect hdmi on laptop to hdmi on my surround sound system? [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to know,if I can hook up the hdmi on the laptop to hdmi input on the surround sound and have it work. I'musing the headphone jack now but it's a sh$#*y connection.

How do I connect a Satellite receiver, DVD-R and HDTV inline with HDMI Cables [ 2 Answers ]

:confused::confused:My problem is so simple, but it is driving me insane. I hope someone can help me figure this out. I have read all instruction books, but there is absolutely no mention of what I need to do, and it should, but it doesn’t. I have a Dish Network HDTV DVR Satellite Receiver (one...

Ybpr cables or dvi to hdmi? Or hdmI? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what is best, and I would like to know why? I find the more expensive dvi to hdmi is not as high of a quality of 3dimension on my LCD TV from my HD cable box? The picture is clearer but the characters do not jump out the same as when I am using ybpr.

View more questions Search