Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Us03mc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2016, 09:59 AM
    Ungrounded half voltage
    How is it that we have a single phase two wire ungrounded secondaries off a transformer and it's not grounded anywhere in the windings primary or secondary but when you take a meter to one of the secondarys and to ground you get half voltage how's that possible with no reference to ground
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2016, 05:10 AM
    either something "is" grounded or you are a getting a false reading from a digital meter.
    How about a more detailed description of the transformer, applied voltage, the type of metering equipment, the measured voltage....etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ungrounded Woodstove [ 15 Answers ]

I have a ungrounded wood stove, should I make it a priority to ground the stove & flue? Is there any Nec chapters I want to review? Should I use a separate groung rod or can I use near by house wiring gnd or run a separate line to main panel ground Same question for a gas fired water...

Half of my house has no electricity working and box has voltage. Why? [ 2 Answers ]

I have no electricity in half of my home. Someone checked the breaker box with meter and it has power. HELP!

Half Voltage on 120V Electrical Outlet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem similar to this one. I recently moved into an existing house that's had many add-ons, remodels, etc. done over the years. The outdoor light that's over my back deck doesn't work; I opened it up (and completely disconnected the existing fixture) to check the voltage. There are...

Ungrounded system [ 0 Answers ]

How can we protect ungrounded system from single line to ground fault.. any suggestion??

Half Voltage on 120V Electrical Outlet [ 4 Answers ]

I am getting only half voltage at a 120v electrical outlet. The outlet is on a GFI circuit, but the other outlets on that circuit are fine. I have tripped and reset the GFCI. It tripped and reset fine, but had no effect on the outlet in question. I have removed the receptacle and checked the...

View more questions Search