Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeNiro Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

Apr 14, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Looking for a game
    Hi, Im looking to buy an adventure game for my laptop but I'm not sure what it can handle. Does running games go on the computers memory or are there other factors involved? What do I look for on the back of a computer game box?. I have a built in graphics card, does this come into it when looking for a game?. What is a graphics card?

Excuse my ignorance on this, but I'm not very clued up on computers and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 14, 2007, 12:51 PM
    I had a similar issue and after some digging found an excellent site that will benchmark you system against game specs.

System Requirements Lab

Give it a go, coves a wide selection of games.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Apr 14, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Good question :)
    It's mostly just the memory that you have to worry about, but for graphics-intensive games you need lots and lots of power - they usually print details of "minimum requirements" on the game box.

Most of the games I play are pre-owned older games (maybe 3-5 years old) which all run with no problems on my old AMD Athlon 1.3, and they're cheap - £2-£5 buys me a decent game.

Apr 15, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the replys.:) CurlyBen... The system requirements website is amazing. Much appreciated for putting me onto this. Lord Darkclaw... You say you sometimes buy older games, I particularly enjoy adventure/RPG games, any recommendations?

Apr 15, 2007, 11:12 AM
    Oh wow.. where to start? I don't know if they are on PC but I played Grandia and Grandia 2 like I have never played a game before.. Grandia on PS1 and Grandia 2 on PS2.
    I've got no interest in Final Fantasy, but the story in Grandia swept me away.. it's a vision of a whole different and wonderful universe. LOL! I'm getting carried away :) but they are beautiful.

Strangely, I haven't really played any adventure games on my PC yet (though I've had a PC for 3 years now). From my PS1 days, I played Wild Arms, Harvest Moon (fab game), Legacy Of Kain, Alundra, Alundra 2, and Grandia of course.

If you like strategy (or in my case faffing about with the game set to "easy" mode) try Civilization II (crude graphics but you'll be playing it until next spring) or Age Of Empires or Sim City.

Apr 15, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Cheers DC, The main reason Im looking for a game on my laptop as apposed to my PS2, is that I quite like the idea of being able to take it anywhere and playing.
    I too don't care much for the Final Fantasy series, my favourite RPG for the PS2 has to be Shin Megami Tensei:Lucifers Call, Incredible game and a decent challenge to boot. Ive not had the pleasure of the Grandia games. Legacy of Kain was also a very good game and Blood Omen 2 from the same series, on the PS2 is also excellent. The Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS2) deserves a mention, an amazing experience and I would recommend them to anybody.
    Thanks again mate... much appreciated.

Apr 15, 2007, 11:56 AM
    I've just made a note of those games.. I'll keep an eye open for them :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Game Show Host game [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know of an old electroinc board game that features a talking game show host? It was released in the late 70s or in the 80s. I thought the name of it was "Game Show Host" but I can't find it anywhere. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

DS game [ 1 Answers ]

What's a really good game for a ds

New to this game [ 15 Answers ]

After a strange and rare situation with a friend of mine, a 17 year old girl that he used to like began to chat with me on the internet. I made sure that the friend didn't mind that I was talking to her because to some people, that might seem like a really mean thing to do. He claimed he was fine...

Game help [ 3 Answers ]

I have this nascar sim racing game I play all the time, now I'm get something that say's the following. We have encountered a problem with sim racing, and it must be shut down. Thank you [email protected]

View more questions Search