Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RyanMD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Windows movie maker
    I would really appreciate some help. I am trying to make a movie in windows movie maker and I have all of my music and pictures I wanted on there, but it won't let me save it, it acts like it is, but then before it even gets to 0% downloaded, it stops and says error message. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Apr 14, 2007, 12:47 PM
    What's the error message? You probably need to "export" the movie before you can save it.
    RyanMD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 06:28 PM
    It says to check to make sure all photos are in original place, and the file is not to large for cd, and something else, but don't remember. But it won't save as a movie anywhere, cd, my computer, anywhere.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Apr 14, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Ah, this is a common problem, with a sometimes troublesome solution. Your clips have red X's on them, do they not? If so, what you need to do is round up ALL data used for the movie. Have it accessible for your computer. Then, while in movie maker, locate all of the data (just doubleclick on an item and it will let you browse for data). Do this until all information is found and replaced. During this time DO NOT unplug any memory devices containing data for your movie. Then, drop down "file" and "Save as Video".

Does this answer your problem?

Either way, I hope this helps. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble with Windows Movie Maker [ 3 Answers ]

Yes, I have a question about the newest version of Microsoft's Windows Movie Maker. I have created amny short videos using my Sony Digital camera, they are saved in the .mpg Format. I can play them very eassily and very well with Windows Media Player. I recently downloaded the newest...

Computer program/windows movie maker [ 8 Answers ]

I created a "video" on windows movie maker which came preinstalled on my dell laptop. It was slow going but finally finished the thing... only to realize that it won't budge. Won't burn, won't forward in an email etc.. all the options available for it. I have no clue what to do or if I can do...

Windows Movie Maker [ 1 Answers ]

I have used windows movie maker to edit some clips I have uploaded from my sony camcorder. The clip is fine in windows movie maker, but when I save the clip on my hard drive and come to view it using windows media player, the sound is OK but the picture is awful (like a negative photograph). Is...

Windows Movie Maker [ 1 Answers ]

Just learning to use Movie maker and am already stuck on a problem. When I select a frame from the storyboard at the bottom of the screen, the frame to the left of the one I select appears in the preview screen. How do I get things back in sync so the selected frame shows up in the preview window.

View more questions Search