Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suresh99 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2016, 06:42 AM
    Movement of piston
    Is that the rotational motion of crank shaft during the downward movement of piston that leads to the upward movement of piston in an engine?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 27, 2016, 06:35 AM
    Yes - as the crank shaft rotates one half of the pistons are moving upward on either the compression stroke or the exhaust stroke, while the other pistons are moving downward on either the combustion stroke (which is where the energy to do all this movement comes from) or the intake stroke.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 27, 2016, 01:59 PM
    You were given suitable yes answers to this yesterday. Please keep all your related questions in one thread (one post).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piston ring tecumseh [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ohv155 15.5 Tecumseh what is the direction of the top and middle piston ring suppose to be top has a cut out around the ring middle has a ring around it

Piston noises [ 2 Answers ]

What causes a slapping noise coming from the piston area?

How do I prime my piston pump [ 3 Answers ]

I would like some help with priming my piston water pump , please Only done jet pumps before thanks

Briggs 25hp intek (no piston movement) [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Poulan Pro mower with Briggs 25 hp V Twin Intek motor. This mower was left at a property I purchased so I do not know the history of how it stopped working. When I turn the key to start it the flywheel turns easily but seemed to have no compression, I looked in the cylinder through the...

View more questions Search