Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deadsheep Pie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2016, 12:02 AM
    Would a mentally ill woman most likely shoot someone in the head or chest?
    Hello! My friend and I are writing a book.

In this book, an insane woman shoots the main protagonist in the heart as revenge for trying to kill her before. Would a mentally ill woman most likely shoot someone in the head or the heart?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 26, 2016, 03:03 AM
    Both, and then 12 more in the crotch. I speak from experience.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jun 26, 2016, 04:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Both, and then 12 more in the crotch. I speak from experience.
    You confirm my suspicions.
    current pert

Jun 26, 2016, 05:21 AM
    Hah! Touche, I think. Gulp.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2016, 06:41 PM
    In reality, from my studies. Criminal law, a women is less likely to shoot someone, but will often use other methods of death. Poison is one of the main ones, as is stabbing in the back with a knife.

With that said, to hit them in the heart is a hard shoot, is the women trained to use a gun? A head shot since the head moves so much is very hard to do. Even for a trained shooter.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2016, 08:17 PM
    There is no telling what a mentally ill woman with a gun will do. If you are writing a story about her and what she does with her gun, you can make her do whatever you want her do with it.

Jun 26, 2016, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    There is no telling what a mentally ill woman with a gun will do. If you are writing a story about her and what she does with her gun, you can make her do whatever you want her do with it.
    Thanks.

Jun 26, 2016, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    In reality, from my studies. Criminal law, a women is less likely to shoot someone, but will often use other methods of death. Poison is one of the main ones, as is stabbing in the back with a knife.

With that said, to hit them in the heart is a hard shoot, is the women trained to use a gun? A head shot since the head moves so much is very hard to do. Even for a trained shooter.
    Trained? No. But the character being shot was open, and mainly still. She didn't expect it, and didn't run before she was shot. All the protagonist was able to do was stare.

I'm aware that women are more creative when it comes to violent acts such as murder or suicide, but..
    There needs to be variety in my story.
    Let me explain.

Sky Blue- (Main protagonist) Uses two knives to slaughter. (Or.. anything around)
    Yellow- Uses whatever she wants, attempts to completely cover herself in blood if she wants to commit a violent act.
    Green- He uses poison.
    Red- Knocks out those she wants to kill, and dissects them in her basement.

Then there's Purple, the mentally ill woman we're speaking of. I have chosen a gun for her. So, what I am now wondering, is, how would a mentally ill female get creative with a gun? By the way, if you know anything about psychology, would the amount of people effect how she hits her target? It would be in front of a large crowd, in either an expensive party room or a ballroom.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2016, 09:53 PM
    No disagreement, you merely said, would they most likely?

But I they were shooting, they normally just point gun in the direction of the person, at the torso and shoot. And as noted, they would normally keep shooting, till gun was empty. The heart is the area where most likely hit.

A person who is crazed on killing someone, normally would not even notice anything but the person they wanted to kill

Jun 27, 2016, 12:46 AM
    Thank you! You've helped me a lot!
    current pert

Jun 27, 2016, 02:14 AM
    would the amount of people effect how she hits her target?

Affect is the verb you want here. Effect is a noun, except as a psych term, when it's a noun.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 27, 2016, 05:20 AM
    The torso is a much bigger target than the head. So most people would naturally point there. The situation also has a bearing on what the shooter would do. Was she hurried, in a turmoil or calm. I would still vote for a body shot rather than a head shot.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2016, 06:08 AM
    In the military we were trained to try and hit body mass, torso. A head shot is tricky due to size. Notice that full body silhouettes have the bull at the heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting help for someone mentally ill [ 8 Answers ]

I'd met Liza online 6 years ago, in a group forum. We became friends online, and with my moral support, she was able to get out of a 15 yr abusive relationship. When she left her ex, she'd moved into a women's shelter in GA. While in the shelter, she met another man through a dating site, which...

Why when I dream of getting shoot in my head someone I know gets shoot in the head [ 5 Answers ]

Someone help me I keep have dreams of getting shoot in the head one I was walking up the street about to get in a friend car and a man walked up &shoot me in my head 2days later another friend of mine got shoot in the head in the same car & with the same friend that was in my dream thank God he...

What should I do?Is he mentally ill? [ 1 Answers ]

I stay with a verbal and emotional abusive husband.Just 4 months ago my child is born.Now my husband is taking advantage of it he thinks that now I can not leave him for any of his misbehaviour and abuse.If he assumes that I can leave him during any fight then he tries to threaten me that he will...

M I mentally ill? [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I need some advice form you to get away form feeling down, but please don't judge me. My story is too long and my english is not too good. Sorry for that. Here is my story. Now, I am in my 22. I am a fatherless child since I was born. I don't know anything about my father or my father's...

Mentally ill parents [ 7 Answers ]

As some of you may know, both my biological parents had a serious mental illness. I am working on a book for adult children of mentally ill parents, sort of a semi-autobiography of my own life, but I would also like to include stories from others. I have interviewed a few people in my city, but I...

View more questions Search