Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DerekChase Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2016, 02:08 PM
    Exterior T&G siding: rough side vs. smooth side (paint grade pine)
    I am installing 6" ext. T&G siding on a south facing elevation. Should I put the smooth side out, or the rough side out because it holds more paint.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2016, 08:23 PM
    Depends more on house style. Traditional would be smooth, rough for rustic . I will assume this is vertical siding? Did you look onto any Hardie products? Wood on a South side gets a lot of sun load and rain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to determine the supply side & load side of a cable/wire [ 2 Answers ]

How to determine the supply side & load side of a cable/wire ?

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

Durock - Smooth side or rough side against wall? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm redoing my shower and have plywood on the studs with poly over top and am putting Durock on top of this. Next step is to apply mortar and apply tiles. My question is which side of the durock should face out, that is, which side will I tile against? The smooth or the rough? Thx.

Can I tapinto the line side of a100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker service [ 1 Answers ]

Can I tap into the line side of a 100 amp main breaker to feed a 60 amp breaker for a electric stove

GE side by side refrig ice & water dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

Water is not dispensed from my GE side by side refrig ice & water dispenser. And, the Ice maker makes ice but it will not dispense from my GE side by side refrig ice & water dispenser. I have installed a new water filter cartridge. I have turned off power to refrigerator and restored it w/i a...

View more questions Search