Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyamy29 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2016, 02:06 PM
    How much is my very old dip pen worth
    I want to know how much 1800 century dip pen is worth day It has metal point and handle and I also have a red ink bottle. It is about 155 years old I want to know this because plan on get the dip pen appraiser I want aleast 50,000 for it or less or is it worth more that?
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Jun 25, 2016, 02:45 PM
    What you want for it and what it is actually worth depends. Is there any Historical Connection to it? I.E. did this belong to Abraham Lincoln at one time?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 25, 2016, 03:01 PM
    https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...OVczJDpYZkn2Ew

I did a bit of research. From what I found you should be able to get between $65 and $300 for it. Nowhere near what you're asking, unless you can prove it belonged to someone famous, or it was used to sign a famous document, and for that you'd need documentation to prove it.

Want to add. People seem to think that just because something is old, or of historical significance, that it's worth a lot of money. That's mostly not the case. Dip pens are very common, and very easy to find. The rarer an object, the more it's worth. Dip pens are a dime a dozen, so easy to find, all as old or older than yours. So you won't get a lot for it.

Sorry. Old doesn't mean it's worth a lot. I have so many antiques, one of them very very rare, and it's still not worth enough to go to the trouble of finding a buyer that's willing to spend even what it's worth.

You won't get $50,000 for this. You'll be lucky to get $500, and that would only happen if it's a unique pen and you find the one in a million person that wants it badly enough to spend that kind of money. Unlikely. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dip switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hampton Bay Fans-----The dip switch on the fan has only 3 switches and the one on the remote has 4 switches. How do you set it to match? Remote worked before and then just stopped. Also, when I turn the switch on the wall to the on position it causes the upper light to just blink on and off but...

if an atv is worth 500 and is worth 50 less each year what would the x and y intercep [ 2 Answers ]

a new atx is worth 500 os depricating in value by 50 a year

How much is a 1925 penny worth with one cent and a wheat on the back worth [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a one cent with a wheat on back is worth from 1925

Having a dip [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all. I'm having a low and not sure what to do. I'm draining my friends and family crying all the time and I have my finals this week so I really need to get focused and revise. He told a mutual friend on fri that he was "really really happy" without me. He said he didn't want to reply to my...

Doing dip... wats the best [ 4 Answers ]

Pretrty self explanatory I like to do skoal cherry and apple and other really good ones that are worth it??

View more questions Search