Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunpromollc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2016, 05:28 PM
    Mild electrical shock in swimming pool
    Everything in our pool is grounded yet when we touch the concrete when wet or in the pool we get a mild shock. Turned off all electric and we still get it. Had numerous people out and still no solution. We have a fiberglass pool with salt not chlorine. Any suggestions.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2016, 08:07 PM
    Some electric must still be present. Could be a light circuit or something not connected to the pool wiring.
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Jul 2, 2016, 08:19 AM
    This could be a very difficult one to solve. You may have something electrical, completely unrelated to the pool that ISN'T grounded (or isn't properly grounded) that's shorting out. Since it's not properly grounded, the current is taking the path of least resistance TO ground. And that ground happens to be your pool and/or the surrounding area. The worst similar situation that comes to mind was a transformer of the power company, that was a block away.

The only idea I have at the moment would be to first, find a way of measuring the voltage you feel as Mild electrical shock. Then shut off all the power to you house and see if it's still there. If not, you know it's coming from your home, and can at least narrow it down by then shutting off one breaker at a time, determining which line is causing the problem, and maybe then figuring out what "appliance" on the line is at fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical shock from swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

Great info but has anyone found the same culprit or has it been a different solution for all? My pool is in Sandbridge in Virginia Beach. I have noticed a very mild tingle for a few years and no one else ever complained. Now fast forward to 2012 and the shocks are much worse to the point where the...

Swimming pool, errant electrical current [ 2 Answers ]

My swimming pool gives mild electrical shock with all power off. I have a copper ionization purification system. What should I look for? The electrician does not know pools or copper ionization.

Mild electrical shock in swimming pool [ 72 Answers ]

:eek: Our swimming pool pump is grounded to the ladder in the pool and also to a copper grounding rod in the ground. The problem is when you touch the wet concrete around the pool while touching the water in the pool you get a mild shock. We've checked it with a voltage meter{the blk. Electrode...

Mild electrical shock in swimming pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have the same problem in my pool in Tobago. Pool lights turned off but I still get a tingle from the light surround (die cast alum) and the stainless steel handrail. I have installed an earth bond between the deck box, had rail and sub panel earth point. I have further installed an earth...

Shock from swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

Just installed salt generator in swimming pool and now we are receiving a small

View more questions Search