Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2016, 04:28 AM
    How to open a Jiu Jitsu kimono company?
    Hey everyone. I am looking into different business ventures and this is another one of mine. I'm very passionate about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and have been practicing it for years. I want to develop my own Jiu Jitsu kimono (gi) company. I'd like to find a great manufacturer where I can buy in bulk from. I'd also like to develop a logo and have it stitched on there.

How can I start this business from the ground up? I'd obviously need a lot of marketing and promotion cause nobody will know what brand I am to begin with.

I'm also interested in HEMP material.

Please offer me a word of advice of how much capital I need to start, and how to successfully get a great manufacturer, and whether or not the manufacturer also puts the logo patches on the item or if I must select an embroider separate for that. Any other words of advice?

Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 23, 2016, 07:28 AM
    Lots of hard work.
    The issue is at first you may even lose money. Having a factory make in bulk, means buying 5 or 10 thousand "gi" a order for 100 would not even interest anyone.

From China for example, they sell by shipping containers full. I have a friend that imports.

But you start by finding a local sourse to make small amounts, and find how to selll. Perhaps a limited market ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2016, 07:30 AM
    There is no substitute for doing the research and becoming knowledgeable in any business you intend to start. Knowing the vendors you depend on is crucial so start with finding out who does what you need, and how much, and how good they are.

Do your due diligence of research and get the FACTS for yourself, as I laid out in your other post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jiu-jutsu aids wrestling? [ 5 Answers ]

Boxers use martial arts training to enhance their abilities, but do wrestlers use Aikido, Judo, and Jiu-Jutsu to enhance their skills? Who has experience or material on this subject?

How do I open my own insurance company in GA? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Georgia and have recently passed the P&C insurance exam. I want to start my own independent insurance company selling property and auto insurance. What do I need to do next?

Open a second company under bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a small business owner with IRS problems and now a creditor problem. My recievables equal both the IRS debt and the vender debt. The vender won a judgement against the company and my bank account has be levied $14,000.00. If I file for bankruptcy can I open up another company during the period...

View more questions Search