Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazyhatlady Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2005, 12:38 PM
    Trying to understand kitty
    Undefined
    I have never owned a kitten before so I'm learning as I go.
    Why do they,with front paws,knead you? It is as if they are kneading dough but with a little claw added... never enough to hurt but enough to let you know they are there.undefined
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Mar 10, 2005, 01:03 PM
    I'm not a cat behaviorist but after having worked with cats for over 11 years, I suspect the kneading is a comfort thing. Just like some children have favorite blankets, stuffed animals, and/or suck their thumbs, cats can have their "security blankets" as well.

Some cats even suck on people's ears or fabric.

Just as purring is a sign of contentedness, so is "making bread" as we like to call it.

Enjoy your baby! :)

Regards,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fat Kitty! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cat who is about 4 years old, and is very fat. She was a runt as a baby, and was always very tiny, but she started gaining weight about a year ago and now is literally the size of a basketball. She has the tiniest little head! Its like the size of a tennis ball. We recently got a new...

Pregnant Kitty [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, are the wave-like movements the kittens just moving in the uterus or is it the kittens moving down toward the birth canal? The kittens seem to moving a lot.

Crazy kitty! [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I fed 2 stray cats and of course... they have never went away. One cat is older and very pretty, he's very nice and will let you hold him and cuddle him. The other one is however not so nice and gentle. He's a kitten, maybe close to a year old. He will rub on people but won't...

My kitty has mites and now I do [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a himilayan kitten. When I got home I looked him over he was bold all on his tummy,back legs and a little bit of the front legs I also found out a few days later he has mites I am pretty sure they are ear mites because his ears are full of black so I started treting him with...

Skitish Kitty [ 3 Answers ]

I have two cats one is a siamese mix and he is two years old. My other cat is a grey stray. He is about a year old. We found him under my friends pourch when he was real little. He had had one side of his wiskers cut short so he walked funny for a while but is fine now. My proble is that as time...

View more questions Search