Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sidgil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2016, 11:17 AM
    Hyundia Sonato 2004, engine starts, idles, orange engine comes on, engine cuts out
    Hi there
    Hyundia Sonato 2004. The engine starts up as normal, goes to idle, then after about 20 seconds the orange engine alarm comes on and the engine immediately cuts out. It was suggested that I disconnect the battery and then after reconnecting try again. This did not solve the problem.
    Thanks
    Sid
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2016, 04:41 PM
    Take it to Auto zone or similar and have them read the check engine code.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2016, 06:07 AM
    Check for codes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears Craftsman lawn mower, honda engine, engine starts then shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

Mower starts on first pull then dies when choke returns to normal. Mower has only been used twice

Choke engine, engine starts, Choke off, engine dies [ 3 Answers ]

I have a two year old 5hp Honda enigne on a Troybilt frame. When the choke is engaged, the engine starts on the first pull. After the choke automatically shuts off, the engine dies immediately. Repeating same thing happens. Will not contiue to run.

My Autostart remote starts the engine, but engine stops 3 seconds later? [ 1 Answers ]

When starting the car with the Autostart AS-2775 remote starter, the vehicle starts properly, but the engine stops 3 seconds later, and I cannot figure out why. The vehicle is a 2007 Toyota Corolla CE, bought used with the remote starter already installed. The other features work properly...

B&S engine idles, but bogs and dies on acceleration [ 1 Answers ]

This is an 8 hp B&S horizontal shaft motor. Appears to be a pulsa jet carb. Been sitting 2 years. Pulled carb and cleaned. Looked at diapham, etc. It starts fine. Engine will speed up with opening the idle screw. Open the throttle and it bogs/dies. Hand feed gas to carb when opening the...

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

View more questions Search