Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harish_barapati Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2016, 12:52 PM
    Price premium
    Hello can any one help me answer this question please ?

For the following two firms, please discuss possible sources of market power that supports a price premium over competitors.
    (A) Coca-Cola Company
    (B) Apple Inc
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2016, 01:45 PM
    This your homework, what do you think the answer is and why. Then we can help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 18, 2016, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by harish_barapati View Post
    Hello can any one help me answer this question please ?

For the following two firms, please discuss possible sources of market power that supports a price premium over competitors.
    (A) Coca-Cola Company
    (B) Apple Inc
    I know very little about marketing, but I do know how to Google with a variety of keywords. I'm betting I could answer this after doing a bit of research.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 19, 2016, 09:18 AM
    I'm just guessing. (How do you plan to get a degree if you can't figure this stuff out though? This is NOTHING compared to what you will get.)

Both companies were 'there first' in many ways, in their respective categories. That creates 'brand recognition' as well as 'brand loyalty.'
    Many people find the taste of Coke addictive. I know I did before I gave it up. I guess that comes under loyalty in a way...

Apple adds the ingredient of quality. Their computers are much harder to hack than any other brand I know of, and that's just one thing.
    They also manage to be innovative, many times 'first' with new products, not just the Apple I way back when.
    There's tons more. THINK. Or find a new area of study.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental Renewal Letter quotes me 1 price, during lease signing it's another price [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, In May I received a renewal letter that quoted me a monthly renewal price of $1560 / month. A few weeks before receiving this letter my wife and I went around the area to see the prices for other apartments. We found a few places that had more square footage but for $20 more a month....

Which is better Vista Home Premium or Windows 7 Home Premium? [ 4 Answers ]

I have an HP Pavilion desktop that came with Vista Home Premium pre-installed. I have had to run system recovery about 5 times since I bought it in 6/07. The back up system which initially worked doesn't and I have to back up files manually. It crashed again and I'm now having to do a recovery...

Goods on consigment out at sale price ( including gross profit 50% of selling price) [ 1 Answers ]

This goods should be included in who's inventory. Having on mind that goods on consingment in belong to the consigner.

View more questions Search