Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggles07 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2016, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So, someone had ID with that name on it. You could have been talking with all sorts of people during those three years. They have scripts for future conversations and printouts from past conversations.

Why did "she" need $1800?
    For the airfare
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2016, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles07 View Post
    For the airfare
    She wouldn't need that much. There is no Sarah Nyrakoh. It's part of a well-known romance scam.

Jun 17, 2016, 08:03 PM
    She wouldn't need that much. There is no Sarah Nyrakoh. It's part of a well-known romance scam.
    OK thanks
    The next day after she was to arrive here I got an email from someone named Lorna Blessing saying she meet someone in Canada and left me some money in Bank of Africa could that be her
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2016, 08:13 PM
    OK thanks
    The next day after she was to arrive here I got an email from someone named Lorna Blessing saying she meet someone in Canada and left me some money in Bank of Africa could that be her
    What were you told to do to collect that money?

Jun 17, 2016, 08:17 PM
    What were you told to do to collect that money?
    Contact the bank and give them my address to send to me it was a visa card not money transfer
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2016, 08:18 PM
    Contact the bank and give them my address to send to me it was a visa card not money transfer
    And how much money are you to get -- cash value? (You do realize this is part of the scam don't you?)

Jun 17, 2016, 08:23 PM
    And how much money are you to get -- cash value? (You do realize this is part of the scam don't you?)
    Didn't say but she already knew my address
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2016, 08:27 PM
    Didn't say but she already knew my address
    "Lorna" is probably "Sarah." Or some combination thereof. You will have to pay more money to show "good faith" to the bank, or a similar scam. Please walk away from this. Lesson learned. Beware of online romances.

Jun 17, 2016, 08:29 PM
    "Lorna" is probably "Sarah." Or some combination thereof. You will have to pay more money to show "good faith" to the bank, or a similar scam. Please walk away from this. Lesson learned. Beware of online romances.
    OK thank you
    Greg
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2016, 09:04 PM
    Greg, do you realize that you are being actively scammed out of your money?

Ghana is well known around the world for their dating scams.

There is no one coming to your country to marry you. "She" is not in love with you. The only thing they want is your money.

Jun 17, 2016, 09:06 PM
    Yes I realize that thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2016, 09:25 PM
    So cut your losses, stop trying to chase something that isn't there and find someone local who you can actually date.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 18, 2016, 07:27 PM
    If you Google "Ghana scams" and click on "images," guess who has a ton of pictures? Take a look. It may surprise you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 19, 2016, 03:35 AM
    The picture is STOLEN. You were scammed, plain and simple. This is how many people (mostly men or couples or groups) make a living. You have lost your money. Don't spend any more to find 'her' and don't fall for this again, unless you enjoy giving money away on dreams.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 19, 2016, 03:45 AM
    I found her picture all over the internet, with countless names and warnings about scams.
    She herself is probably totally innocent of what's going on, but she sure does take a lot of selfies!

I'm sorry you are so naive. Maybe you like being scammed, since you keep thinking one of us will know her.
    NO pretty woman with a body like that is EVER going to be online looking for a husband!! THINK about it!!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 19, 2016, 06:04 AM
    What a hard and expensive lesson to learn. No fun to be heart broke and wallet broke, from a foolish heart. Now you know first hand what the REAL DEAL is, be smart... RUN... don't WALK away!

If you don't, then all you do is prolong the pain, and keep the brain dumb!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2016, 08:58 AM
    In Ghana, the western union offices are often owned by the scammers. But they easy fake ID's fake passports and more.

There are entire businesses in Ghana that make fake ID and use fake names, fake photo's and more.
    They are offices with people there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    Normally in chat, you don't even talk to the same person all the time,

If used for video, they may have girls hired, and/or other details will change

You will get a message about one to two months after she is missing, she will have been in an accident, on the way to the airport. Or she was detained by government, because of some reason.

The 1800 is very cheap, normally they ask for much more for travel allowances, air fare and more.

Nyrakoh is a common named used by both first and last name in many combinations, as names for the girls that are "online dating"

I pulled up 4 girls profile using the same name from Ghana, There did appear to be one that may be a real person, who is a nurse, but she has darker skin and does not look like a sexy babe.

This is a common scam, and they will take a long time making it happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing persons accra ghana Looking for Labrams Osman missing since Feb 12, 4:30pm [ 13 Answers ]

5ft.7in appox. 130lbs long dark brown hair caucasian, very attractive Labanon decent.

Keep missing my period and getting it and then missing again [ 2 Answers ]

I have missed my period for 2 or 3 months and then it came back in August and now I missed it again in September. I am 17 years old

Still missing my ex! [ 1 Answers ]

I've just seen my first love today. Im in so much pain, we've had no contact since just before christmas. I feel like I'm back at square one, he looked so gorgeous, and just how I remember. We waved at each other as we walked past not even like a smile wave. More like a unsure wave. Just...

How much am I really missing TV [ 3 Answers ]

How much am I really missing, because my mom doesn't want us all watching the commericals says it teaches us that we don't have all we need, and e NEED more stuff "she isn't worried about me, mostly my younger sisters) and she doesn't want to pay for cable, so what am I missing, and how can I get...

What's missing? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not exactly a beginner but for the life of me, I cannot get my Lexmark Z82 to work on mySony Vaio home PC with XP Home. I've updated the latest drivers from the Lexmark website... I've asked my computer for help: dumb as me... The printer can copy docs by itself but nothing, even...

View more questions Search