Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Celyv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2016, 06:09 PM
    Can a parolee get in trouble for having a car in her name and someone else driving it
    My mom is on parole and lives with my sister. My sister bought a car and my mom was supposed to cosign. My mom ended up as owner and my sister cosigner. Every time the plates get run my moms parole officer calls my mom. She knows my mom is home by her curfew time,she's been complying in everything. The po is telling my mom that if anything illegal happens with the car,(which my sis is cosigner on and she drives it past my moms curfew) that my mom can get violated. Is this true?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2016, 06:34 PM
    Parole officers have a wide leeway. Your mom needs to carefully review the terms of her probation. If the car is out after curfew its possible to be violated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A 450 kg car is driving at 60mph. The car hits a patch of ice and hits brakes. If coe [ 0 Answers ]

Physics question: work-kinetic energy theorem

Driving whit out car insurance and got into a car accident [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a car accident on Oct 24 2012 and didn't have any car insurance. Not that I didn't want to pay its because I got hurt at work ended up getting surgery making me lose 6 months of work all together causing me to be behind on my bills and not being able to afford insurance and other bills....

Car stalls while driving, and has trouble starting after gassing up. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Hyundai Accent with about 200k on it. It's a standard. I recently replaced the spark plugs, and it runs well for the most part. The last year or so I've been having problems with starting it after I gas up. It doesn't matter how much gas I put in, what kind of gas I use, or if I add...

Driving someone else's car without licensce [ 5 Answers ]

Who pays if I drive my friends car without a license and get in an accident. My parents don't own a house and there is no money -my mom is collecting social security disability. Who is liable?

I have trouble focusing eyes driving at night [ 6 Answers ]

When I am driving at night time I have trouble getting my vision focused. Do I need glasses? I have a yearly exam, am 50 and do not wear glasses except for reading. My eye doctor tells me that I do not need glasses. My question is... Is it a common thing, as you get older to have trouble...

View more questions Search