Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dups006 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2016, 08:09 AM
    Inter vlan routing issue
    Hi at present some computers are dropping packets when connecting to server on different , vlans. However this seems to happen occasionally and not often.

EX - PC1 replies from our application server will be <1ms
    PC2 replies from out application server will be <34ms

Can you please tell me what can be causing this as it locks most of the users session and causes most of our license for that application server to be used up
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 14, 2017, 04:14 AM
    If PC2 should also have a 1 ms response, I would start troubleshooting by swapping PC2's network cable with a new one, and then if not resolved proceed checking cables and ports from there to the server to verify the physical layer and also switch configuration. Attempting to correlate the packet drops with time of day, server load, or other variable might also help target the cause.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The journal entries for issue of $400,000 of 10 year, 6% bonds at 105, with inter [ 2 Answers ]

The journal entries for issue of $400,000 of 10 year, 6% bonds at 105, with interest payable semiannually?

Sharing in VLAN [ 4 Answers ]

My computer is in a VLAN. I want to view other computers of other VLAN as the VLAN is protected. Can I see the VLAN by passing the VLAN Protection?

Inter vlan in using layer3 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to know how to inter velan in cisco layer 3 switch with out using router But I have same network in all vlan it in DHCP .SO PLESE TELE ME HOW I CONFIGER NUTAN MOHANTY

Inter Vlan Using Layer 3 Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am a network administrator, I have a three Cisco layer2 switches and 2 vlan assigned in the switches I use to inter vlan between them using my firewall but now I have a new layer 3 foundry switch and I have to use it to inter VLAN between the vlan in the other cisco switches, I was searching in...

View more questions Search