Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marleyjeanne Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2016, 07:40 PM
    If tree falls across the property line..
    A large fir tree fell from the neighbors property over onto mine. The majority of the tree is now on my property (and has been for months now.. ) can I cut it up for firewood? It isn't part of my acreage that I actually use or even see very often but I could use the firewood & would like it cleaned up. I am willing to go talk to my neighbors about it before I start cutting it up but just wanted to find out what my " rights" were beforehand. Thank You
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2016, 09:19 PM
    Your neighbor is responsible for removing it and paying for any damage if any.

As such, if he does not remove it, after being asked to. You have the right to remove it.

You go talk to him, and if he does not remove it, you can.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 15, 2016, 05:55 AM
    You have the right to trim any portion of a tree that is growing onto your property. But if we are talking about a tree that has fallen it is the neighbor's responsibility. I would do as Chuck suggested. Approach the neighbor and offer to cut up the tree and clean it up. If there was no damage to your property all the better. It would be nice to offer to share some of the firewood.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 15, 2016, 03:33 PM
    ... can I cut it up for firewood? ...
    Yes, you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is responsible for tree trimming over property line in Calif? [ 2 Answers ]

Who is responsible for tree trimming on property line?

A body falls freely from the top of a tower and it falls 7/16th of the total distance [ 1 Answers ]

A body falls freely from the top of a tower and it falls 7/16th of the total distance in its last second. The time taken by the body for complete motion is….. ans:4 sec pz solve it.

Tree on property line [ 1 Answers ]

We have a large tree that was on our property and the neighbors. This tree came down in a tornado and fell on the neighbors property. We need to know if we both have Equal right to this tree as when it was standing it was on both property lines. We live in PA

What is the property value on 1220 Old Burk Highway, Wichita Falls, TX [ 1 Answers ]

What is the property value on 1220 Old Burk Highway, Wichita Falls, TX

Will neighbor be responsible if tree falls? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Our home is located at the base of a sloped hill on which there are many, very tall pine trees. They are beautiful, but we are worried about them falling on our house. The problem is that our property line cuts diagonally up the hill, causing most of the trees to be located on our...

View more questions Search