Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iiluvjeffreyb Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2016, 12:04 PM
    What are the cost per equivalent unit for materials and the cost per equivalent for c
    Hayek Corporation uses the FIFO method in its processcosting. The following data concern the company'sMixing Department for the month of August..

Materials Conversion
    Work in process, August 1 $31,734 $30,320 Cost added to production
    In the MixingDepartment during August $91,332 $81,864
    Equivalent units of production for August 7,740 7,580

What are the cost per equivalent unit for materials and the cost per equivalent for conversion for the MixingDepartment for August using the FIFO method?

My answer was:
    31,734+91,332= 123,066
    123,066/7,740=15.90 cost per equivalent unit for materials

I got the answer wrong. Can someone explain what I did wrong? What do I need to fix?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2016, 07:06 AM
    This table of data is difficult to interpret

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Equivalent units and cost per equivalent unit [ 0 Answers ]

Hi! I'm very happy to have found this site. I'm looking for someone to help with my homework. I'm taking all online courses and I don't have a tutor like many of the other students in the class. I have no-one to check my work. Please help! I've attached the problem as a pdf and my attempt at the...

Cost per Equivalent unit [ 3 Answers ]

Regal Polish manufactures a single product in one department and uses a process costing system. At the start of May, there were 5,000 units in process that were 100% complete with respect to direct materials and 50% complete with respect to conversion costs (labor and overhead). During the month,...

Equivalent Units and Cost per Equivalent UnitWeighted-Average Method [ 2 Answers ]

Equivalent Units and Cost per Equivalent Unit—Weighted-Average Method Kalox, Inc. manufactures an antacid product that passes through two departments. Data for May for the first department follow: Gallons Materials Labor Overhead Work in process, May 1 80,000 $ 68,600 $ 30,000 $ 48,000...

How do you compute Cost per equivalent unit [ 1 Answers ]

Percent Complete Units Materials Conversion Work in process inventory, May 1 5,000 100% 40% Work in process inventory, May 31 10,000 100% 30% -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Materials cost in work in process...

Cost Per Equivalent Unit for DM & CC [ 1 Answers ]

Units started and completed 8,000. Unfinished Units - 2,500.* *100% complete for direct materials and 30% complete for conversion. Costs incurred during the period: DM 110,000. DL 55,000. Man. Overhead - 79,750. Compute: Cost per equivalent unit for direct materials and conversion

View more questions Search