Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glenndoggy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2016, 07:26 AM
    Tempstar ca5530vka1 won't turn on
    Tempstar high efficiency 5000 1994 model won't turn on. When I adjust thermostat the blower turns on but not the ac.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2016, 12:15 PM
    Could be contactor, capacitor, broken wire, control board, thermostat or freon. Lot's of things to check.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2016, 05:00 AM
    Is the ac unit itself making any noise when you turn it on? Any ticking sounds as if it is trying to start but won't?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New $6,000 tempstar won't work [ 51 Answers ]

I have just purchased a new Tempstar 4 ton 13 seer, 78 afeu 1410A refrigerant. Model # PGX 348080K01A1. I had this thing installed in January, the heater worked fine. The ac won't work right. The guy that installed it has been here 5 times. He is at a loss as to what the problem is. The air...

Tempstar gas pack won't ignite [ 0 Answers ]

Tempstar model GPFM 60K140E 5-ton gas pack ,set the thermostat, hear it kick on, but then it does not make the sound it normally does to ignite. Any ideas?

Tempstar HE 5000 won't turn on [ 0 Answers ]

I set my thermostat to cool the house for the first time this year and the tempstar a/c unit never turned on. I verified 240volt is live going to the unit. Is there an enternal fuse/breaker in the unit?

AC on Newer Tempstar PGX3 unit won't come on [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently purchased a house with a Newly installed Tempstar PGX3 AC/Heating Unit. (Installed in 2007) I used the Heat over the winter and it worked fine, but when I tried to use the AC yesterday, I noticed it was actually getting hotter in the house. I went outside only to see that the Fan...

View more questions Search