Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catdog7575 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2016, 06:36 AM
    Cat scratching and meowing at closed doors
    My female cat scratches and meows at every closed door in the house.It has been keeping me up all night. She use to just sleep with me through the night but not she has gone mad. Please give me some advice. I don't want to have every door in the house open just for her. L
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 12, 2016, 08:43 AM
    Buy a medium sized crate, big enough for a little bed, a little bowl of water, and a litter box, and put her in it at night.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 12, 2016, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by catdog7575 View Post
    My female cat scratches and meows at every closed door in the house.It has been keeping me up all night. She use to just sleep with me through the night but not she has gone mad. Please give me some advice. I don't want to have every door in the house open just for her. L
    Do you still allow her to sleep with you, or have you banned her from your bedroom? I will have to disagree with joypulv on this one. Putting her in a crate will probably only make things worse. What rooms does your cat have access to at night? Is something different from before? (Cats don't like change.)
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 13, 2016, 07:02 AM
    When was your cat's last vet visit? We had a cat who had a urinary tract infection who did something quite similar.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 13, 2016, 07:12 AM
    Is this new behavior? Has she been spayed? Could she be in heat?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant cat is meowing like crazy [ 1 Answers ]

My pregnant cat is meowing like crazy and very nervous she's been leaking clearish discharge 3 days now its cloudy... is it time??

Does cat repellent really work to keep your cat from scratching the walls [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is really distroying my apt.he is scratching my walls. Is there a repellent that works at keeping him from scratchin my walls?

My Cat Keeps Scratching At Doors? [ 11 Answers ]

My kitten that turned 1 years old on Dec 22 keeps scratching at doors, especially mine at night. (I have 2) I don't mind them sleeping in my room its just when they do finish sleeping before I wake up they play with the wires, scratch at my headboard, play with papers, jump on things, knock things...

Cat Meowing A Lot, Wants to Go Out [ 3 Answers ]

We have an indoor/outdoor spayed male cat, probably around 4 yrs old (he adopted us, so we are not sure of his age). About a week and a half ago, he started being very unmellow at night -- waking us up with insanely miserable caterwauling, scratching at doors trying to get out. He is outdoors if he...

View more questions Search