Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2016, 01:19 PM
    Poulan P3314 chainsaw problem
    Put on a new carb, new fuel line, and new filter. Will crank and run for two or three seconds, and then quits. Will do that several times in a row, to the point of being warmed up, but still won't run. Runs better with half choke, but still sputters to a stop after a few seconds. Primer bulb is also new.

Put on the new carb several months ago and that seemed to fix things, but back to the drawing board now.

Ideas??
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2016, 03:23 AM
    Sounds to me like an air leak, will it run long enough to spray some carb cleaner around the outside of the carb to help locate a leak?
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2016, 01:09 PM
    Probably not. It will run for three or four seconds at most. Are you saying there is a leak somewhere involving the carburetor?

It sounds like it runs for a few seconds until it runs out of fuel for some reason. Tank is full. Primer bulb works fine.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2016, 04:58 AM
    I had the same problem with a weed eater and one of the fuel lines ended up having a tiny hole in it, causing air to get in the lines. The fuel would run backwards into the tank, and the primer bulb would not fill. I know you said you have new fuel lines though and the bulb works fine. Have you looked further into everything, seeing if some kind of debris may be blocking the fuel from getting in?
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2016, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    I had the same problem with a weed eater and one of the fuel lines ended up having a tiny hole in it, causing air to get in the lines. The fuel would run backwards into the tank, and the primer bulb would not fill. I know you said you have new fuel lines though and the bulb works fine. Have you looked further into everything, seeing if some kind of debris may be blocking the fuel from getting in?
    The primer bulb seems to work great. I'll double check the fuel line this weekend. New line and new filter, but stranger things have happened. I'll let you know how it goes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poulan 260 pro chainsaw shuts down when it runs and gets wrmed up. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a poulan pro 260 18" chainsaw. It is not used very much and has not been run in about a year. I got it out and tried to start it but no go. Took it to shop and had fuel lines replaced, primer bulb replaced, card cleaned and adj, and a new oil pump. It runs good but when I cut about 4 to 6...

Chainsaw carburator fuel line > Poulan 2375 [ 3 Answers ]

I am not sure were the fuel line go to the carburator Poulan 2375

Poulan Chainsaw, model # 2150 (2.1 c.I. ) primer bulb connection [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a new primer bulb for my Poulan Chainsaw, model # 2150 (2.1 c.I. ). The old one rotted away and I want to replace it and the fuel lines as well. I don`t know how to connect these lines to the carb, to the bulb and to the fuel tank. Please help !

Poulan pro chainsaw bulb primer [ 0 Answers ]

I bought a new primer bulb for my Poulan Pro Chainsaw because it rotted away. I need to replace the fuel lines too. I don`t know how the fuel lines be connected. Please help !

Poulan 3000 chainsaw Fuel Line Placement [ 0 Answers ]

Hello , I have a Poulan 3000 chainsaw , which needs the Fuel lines replaced , However , my son has pulled them off (they were brittle & fell appart) , but he's not sure How they were ran . Can you pleaaaaaase help .

View more questions Search