Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dixie8083 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2016, 11:05 AM
    Please tell me what is wrong!
    I am a 36 yr old white female I haven't ever had much of any medical issues. Just last week I noticed bumps on the back & sides of my tongue that I had never noticed before. They are small in the front & get LARGER as they proceed to the back of the tongue. The ones in the front are rather painful compared to those in the back, yet the ones in the back create a slight discomfort when I swallow. Accompanying these bumps as well is a whitish-yellow film on my tongue. Then yesterday afternoon I noticed a slight discomfort just inside my left ear, as the evening passed I noticed there was now a small, zit-like, bump just at the top of the lobe, & just inside the ear. As evening became night, it became more painful with a burning sensation, the same symptoms, minus the bump, became sometime during the night, as I woke this a.m. to both ears appearing the same. Just above the lobes, there are about dime sized, squishy, & extremely tender & pain causing knots, while the entire area surrounding them is red & swollen, & it continues to worsen. As now I sit typing & am noticing a strong pain starting to shot from my ear, into the back of my neck & up into my head. As well, looking around, things seem to look, or I seem to be seeing things, "oddly".
    What could be the cause of these things?? Could it be serious?? Do I need to go to the E.R.?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2016, 11:17 AM
    We can't diagnose here. Family physician should be able to help. If you are concerned, and it appears that way, go to the ER or walk in clinic.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 9, 2016, 02:46 PM
    I'm guessing that you have an infection.
    I had a similar infection when a post fell out of a root canal in a tooth.
    Call your doctor or dentist's answering service or machine for the earliest appt tomorrow. ER is overdoing it unless you get a fever.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2016, 08:37 PM
    You need to see your doctor. I would not see where a ER is needed. If a ER was needed you would not have been posting here but rushing to an ER.

Make an appointment with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong person or wrong time? [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with a guy that was perfect in every way; not just on a paper way, but in an ideals on life, type of person way. If anyone would ever ask me what I wanted in a guy, I would describe him in every way. We'd been seeing each other for a year, most weekends, met each others...

At the wrong place at the wrong time [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine was arrested on two counts of armed robbery, but he's innocent. An associate of his decided to talk to the people next door, so he called my friend over... As soon as he got there, the associate pulled a gun out on the people, He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The police...

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search