Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AllyDee1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2016, 10:57 AM
    Will I be fired?
    At work today, my supervisor asked me to clean up an area near the tills while she borrowed my till to help a couple of customers with a refund. I was then asked to return to my till. After one or two transactions, I realised I'd been using her account instead of mine, after which I then signed out and logged back in onto my own account. She had forgotten to log out of her own but I'm worried that if this is discovered, I will be blamed for it. I wish I'd noticed she hadn't logged out before quickly enough to avoid the mistake. Now I'm scared I'll be fired and this isn't the first mistake I've made.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2016, 11:11 AM
    Explain to your supervisor what happened, don't try to hide of. Be upfront and honest.
    AllyDee1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2016, 11:14 AM
    I replied to someone's answer and then believed it wouldn't be helpful
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 9, 2016, 02:50 PM
    She should have signed off her account. I see no reason for you to be blamed.
    I responded to your other question. Please keep them together.
    You sound nervous. Normal enough, but you can't get over that unless you stop this fear of being fired. You will or won't, but why bring it on?
    Do the best you can, slowly.
    You can smile at customers and say 'Bear with me; I'm new.'
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 9, 2016, 08:36 PM
    I would assume, you called her and notified her at once, when you discovered you used her log in? If you didn't, why did you not do that.

But no this should not be an issue. If you are always scared and worried, then you will make more and more mistakes. You will need to calm down and just do your job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fired rn after 1 mistake in 15yrs and I have a EEOC discrimination pending/fired [ 3 Answers ]

I worked 15years w/ hospital and had filed an EEOC complaint because I had been treated differently after revealing to my manager that I needed a certain day off each week for a ADA covered illness. I only worked 4 days per week. I unfortunately made a patient related care mistake with a tpiece. Pt...

Can you be fired for having chron's disease? I am afraid I am going to be fired, [ 4 Answers ]

I have worked for a company for 18 years. I was diagnosed with Chron's Disease 5 years ago and sometimes I get really sick and have to be hospitilized and now they think I should be fired and it really gets me. Is that lawful?? :mad:

Fired [ 1 Answers ]

I am a salesperson and my boss is attempting to fire me without notice. The company has A process in place to work with someone prior to termination. This process was not followed. Can I do something to force the process?

Not fired, then fired, after boss was beat [ 6 Answers ]

I was called in the office and confronted about time differences on the time sheet. I had to wait for a customer to get home that morning, (30 min.). I called the office and informed them. So I added 15 extra minutes to my time. I was told that I couldn't do that. I asked was I being fired for it...

View more questions Search