Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mauno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2016, 07:08 PM
    How can I raise funds to feed a family in need
    Venezuela has the highest inflation rate in the world. Food is scarce. There is medicine shortage. Many people have a poor nutrition. I would like to know if it is possible to raise funds for a specific family. They live in one of the poorest states of Venezuela. The father ,in his mid-forties, is unemployed .Some food can be bought there ,but it is really expensive. They have a ten year old daughter who has not drunk milk for months .It is not allowed to send food from abroad. Is there a way for them to get funds to buy food? They have tried some charitable ,but they havenīt been successful.Venezuela has the highest inflation rate in the world. Food is scarce. There is medicine shortage. Many people have a poor nutrition. I would like to know if it is possible to raise funds for a specific family. They live in one of the poorest states of Venezuela. The father ,in his mid-forties, is unemployed .Some food can be bought there ,but it is really expensive. They have a ten year old daughter who has not drunk milk for months .It is not allowed to send food from abroad. Is there a way for them to get funds to buy food? They have tried some charitable ,but they havenīt been successful.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2016, 07:20 PM
    How do you know this family?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 8, 2016, 10:42 PM
    I will agree, if you do not know them personally, this is a common, (very common) email scam. Even used for church groups and others.

You get in contact with the local churches in their area. (there are lots of them)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 9, 2016, 03:07 AM
    Let's assume that you know them personally. You raise funds among people you know and others locally - through churches and group fundraisers. Why is it so difficult? Because there are literally hundreds of MILLIONS of people in the same poverty, all over the world. I watched a TV infomercial recently by a Catholic charity that operates in South America, and it showed a mother with 3 children who had lost their father, high in the hills of Ecuador. The children had to walk 2 hours each way each day just to bring home water. Their shack was just some leaky metal pieces. They were all starving. It broke my heart. Those kids never got milk, period.
    Yes, all of Venezuela is in terrible need. I'm not even sure what sending money would do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good cities to raise a family [ 10 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what is the best place to raise a family? Looking for well mannered diverse culture, good resources, limited crime, good schools, safer neighborhoods and activities that don't cost a lot of money.

Can one nonprofit raise funds for another nonprofit [ 1 Answers ]

Our little nonprofits arts organization as a group was asked to participate in another nonprofit's fundraising walk. Other than 'it's not always a good idea to share donor lists' are there other legal ramifications of doing this? BTW our mission is to raise funds that we then distribute within our...

How do I raise funds to produce my feature film? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I want to produce my first film for which I have written the story and script. I want parties to finance and I assure them return on investments. I have the power of contents and my film will be low budget and high content film.

How do I raise funds to pay off a loan? [ 4 Answers ]

I owe about $9,600+ on the loan (paying over 5 years at $275/month), and I want to pay it off ASAP. I only make $9/hr at my workplace, and I'm 43 years of age.

Raise Advertising Funds for business [ 5 Answers ]

I own a local singles events service. Unfortunately, I went through a time where my expenses were out of line with the economy, now that I have corrected that, I have used up my funds and I just can't get ahead enough to do adequate advertising for the business. I just can't get enough...

View more questions Search