Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vickyboyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2016, 10:47 AM
    The law school I graduated in 1999 closed in 2011 how can I prove that I attended?
    I attended American College of Law in Anaheim, CA back in 1999 but it closed in 2011. When I called the Dept. of Consumers Affairs Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education, I was told that they do not have my transcripts because it's been closed for more than 5 years. My question is how can I prove that I went to that school?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 6, 2016, 11:08 AM
    Schools that closed after January 1, 2010:
    71930. Maintenance of Records.
    (a) An institution shall maintain all records required by the Act and this chapter. The records shall be maintained in this state.
    (b)(1) In addition to permanently retaining a transcript as required by section 94900(b) of the Code, the institution shall maintain for a period of 5 years the pertinent student records described in Section 71920 from the student's date of completion or withdrawal.

That means that the SCHOOL must retain a transcript permanently somewhere within CA. Usually they pay rent at an archive company. I don't know why the person you talked to couldn't tell you where that is. Call again.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2016, 11:20 AM
    I found them at 100 S. Anaheim Blvd., (714) 634-3699. Have you tried that number?

That may be their number at an Orange, CA address on Chapman Ave.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2016, 12:18 PM
    Did you pass the Bar exam?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 6, 2016, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Did you pass the Bar exam?
    This question is relevant because, indeed whether OP passed, the institution which processes bar exams for the particular state should have the pertinent records, including OP's transcript. If, however, OP never applied for admission in any jurisdiction, contacting the sources previously mentioned may be necessary.
    Expert

Jun 6, 2016, 01:28 PM
    Funny, this link suggests that the school is still in business.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 6, 2016, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Funny, this link suggests that the school is still in business.

The site may be an old reference. Their webpage link goes to the Dominican Republic.

Arthur & Castillo Lawyers Dominican Republic |
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 6, 2016, 06:43 PM
    I investigated it for quite a while. Definitely defunct.
    Expert

Jun 7, 2016, 06:25 AM
    If OP really attended, she should be able to research this better than anyone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I attended HPCC the year 1995 but it has sensed closed, how can I get my transcript? [ 0 Answers ]

I attended Highland Park Community College for several semesters starting in 1992 until 1995, when I went to Wayne County Community College. Can you help me to locate my transcript, sense the college has closed

How do I retrieve my high school diploma if I graduated in 1999? [ 1 Answers ]

I called the high school that I graduated from and they don't have a copy of my diploma. I lost my "copy" if it was a copy, while moving. I need to provide a copy or show my diploma to a certain college to be accepted. Do I need to contact the company that printed them?

How can I find out about a closed Business College I attended [ 1 Answers ]

I went to a business colleged in Tampa. It was Betz Business College on Westshore BLVD Tampa Florida. I need to provide a prospective employee with the information '

View more questions Search