Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 14, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Who would buy this?
    I get one of thees just about every week. It's too funny. I had to share. Anyone who wants is welcome to take him up.

<My name is Eric goodman the personal lawyer to Jonathan Caru,a merchant from Kuwait who died in a London hospital a week ago.He was diagnosed with lung cancer which defiled all forms of medical treatment.According to medical experts,he did not particularly lived his life so well, as he never really cared for anyone (not even himself) but his business alone.

Before his death,he confided in me that he was a very rich man,that he was never generous,was always hostile to people and only focused on his business
    As that was the only thing he cared for.While speaking to me on his sick bed,he confessed to me that he regreted all this as he then knew that there is
    More to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world.He quietly called me aside and informed that he had earlier made effort to
    Reverse the situation in the early stage of his illness by giving most of his money to his relations and close friends to carry out charitable and
    Humanitarian works around the globe as he had no wife and children.But they however used the money for their personal benefits.

He also informed me that due to this reason,he had no choice but to seek for a distant but reliable person that can assist in accomplishing this heart burning desire.It may please you to note that he gave me your contact email that you will be helpful and reliable as he got your contact from a credible website in the internet.He told me that he had earlier contacted you.

He informed me that the last of his money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of 10 million US dollars that he has with a deposit company.It was his last wish that you help him collect this deposit and dispatch it to charity organizations.With me as his personal lawyer,I shall put you in the
    Picture of the funds, tell you where the funds are currently being maintained and also discuss modalities including remuneration for your services. For this
    Reason kindly furnish your contact information, that is your full name,address,and personal telephone number.

NOTE: Endeavour to respond with your details via my private contact address [email protected]

Sincerely,
    Eric Goodman

--
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2007, 10:06 AM
    I have kept track of all the money I have either won (or buy other means) on the net, for the last two years. I have accumulated an astounding $4,978,634,371,223,199,98.37
    I have yet to collect one thin dime from them, but my faith in Publishers Clearing House will never waver.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Sadly there are people who do. We get some every week that come here
    And ask about being scamed in this or that.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 11:24 AM
    I have even had people contact me through AMHD. Rickj quicklly disposed of them.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 11:50 AM
    Yes, Matt, at least once a week I get one of those in an email. I used to report them to the Attorney General's office. Now I just hit "spam" and it goes away.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 14, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Sadly a lot of people get dragged into this sort of thing but then even more concerning these people also pray on the vunerable picked out via different web sites, I know two people that have been pulled in this way they can be scaringly convincing.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2007, 01:22 PM
    I did contact Eric Goodman. We are to be married shortly. We decided that the $10 mil would be much happier in our own bank acct. Maybe we will give some to charity later. Eric has told me that he loves me lots and lots. Every day, twice a day we speak by phone. Unfortunately, the funds are in a frozen acct at the moment here in the U.S. Eric doesn't have the money to come here but once he gets here, he will take care of everything. I am on my way to Western Union as soon as I log off, to send him the $4500 he needs to purchase a ticket. I cannot wait for my one true love to arrive. Oh, happy day!
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Wait! My ticket only cost $3500.00 and I have 20 million in a frozen account. My name is Babarik Hoodwinkie. I am happy to announce that you were spoken highly of by my dying father, King Hoodwinkie, the greatly exaulted King of Hoodwinkastan, on his death bed. He wishes you to partake of 20 million dollors (of his 700 trillion dollar estate) for your kind action. I am compelled, as I know you to are, to have you please contact me this very minute as our government is in middle of hostile overthrow.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2007, 02:24 PM
    But, you don't love me lots and lots as Eric has told me so many times. How do I know you aren't a scammer? Eric is the most wonderful and honest person I have ever met. Is Western Union still open?

Apr 14, 2007, 07:55 PM
    LOL, yall are killing me. My fav. part is where he says he needs my help to give it all away to charity. "It was his last wish that you help him collect this deposit and dispatch it to charity organizations." Yes on his deathbed he suddenly remembered meeting me in a airport bar 10 years ago. At least I am assuming that's where I know him from.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2007, 08:02 PM
    I have got a couple of private messages through this website with pretty much the same scam.

Who believes I guess there are some that do, but the real gullible ones.

It is terrible to think that people actually buy this.

Good that you bring this into the discussion Matt. Others will learn not to buy into this.

Joe

Apr 14, 2007, 08:17 PM
    Check this out

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/intern...eas-75481.html
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Oh boy! I now have a chance to get into the Petrochemical field! At 10% profit, this should boost my current virtual internet earnings to way over a trillion dollars! Look out Bill Gates. I'm barking at your heels baby!

Dear Sir/ Madam, I represent Shanghai Secco Petrochemical Co. Ltd; my name is Chen Kio, Managing Director. (SSP.cn) China. We deal on importation and exportation of raw materials and petrochemical products into Canada, America and Europe. We are looking for a Representative who can help our company collect money been owed by our customer in Europe, America and Canada. You shall be entitled to 10% of any payment you collect on behalf of our company. For further information,Contact us if this proposal is acceptable to you.You will be required to forward to us the under listed information: NAME... MAILING ADDRESS... AGE:.. STATUS:.. STATE/COUNTRY... TEL/FAX NUMBERS... COMPANY NAME (If any).OCCUPATION... Best regards, Chen Kio(SSP.Co.Ltd)Shanghai Secco Petrochemical Co. Ltd
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 12:04 PM
    My standard response when I get those emails is to immediately forward it the abuse email address of the ISP of the email address they use in their email.

Example: "Please contact me at my most private email [email protected]"
    That would be forwarded to [email protected].
    That way I try to invalidate the hundreds of thousands of email he sent with that email address.
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2007, 12:35 PM
    My standard response is to verbally abuse the sender into submission. My years as a Prison Guard qualifies me to cuss someone out to the point of their ears bleeding. I just find my way much more fun. There are a thousand ways to call someone a reciprocating sissy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I buy for.her [ 4 Answers ]

Tomorrow is my friends sisters party she's turning 4 years old. We got her a card and a gift card too{ toys r us.} is that a good gift.and if the people that are going too answer and want too talk about boys and stuff like that.my e-mail is{ [email protected].}

Which to Buy? [ 2 Answers ]

Ive came across three riding mowers to chose from: Cub Cadet 12.5 HP 38 inch with 400 hours: $600 Good Shape Craftsman 13 HP 42 inch hours N/A: $500 Very good shape MTD 14 HP 42 inch with less than 30 hours: $500 Almost brand new Which would you prefer??

Where can I buy [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I buy prell shampoo and which one do you buy for color treated hair I have the same problem as MANY of you do. Had blonde hair wanted a light brown came out wayyyyyyyyy to dark and now the color won't fade and you used everything possible. So my question is what kind of prell shampoo do...

Would you buy.. yes or no [ 3 Answers ]

Was considering Cub Cadet till I saw MTD makes them.. would you still buy knowing MTD makes it?

What the best PC to buy [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me what the best PC to buy. I have a dell PC about a year now and have had trouble twice.

View more questions Search