Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

Jun 6, 2016, 04:37 AM
    Danby Brand Dehumidifier / Timer Function??
    We just Purchased a Danby Brand Dehumidifier (DDR45B1GP).. The Objective is to set the Auto Timer Function to allow the Unit to Turn On / Off only during the Off Peak Hours here in Ontario.. lol.. Unsuccessful to No Avail..

According to the Operating Manual to set the desired On / Off Times the digital display will go from 0.0 to 24 which I Interpritate being a 24 hr clock?? I'm following the prompts in the manual , to look at the Auto / Timer Function on the Display Panel they use the Hour Glass symbols.. Danny's definition of On / Off is the opposite of how an Hour Glass works.. On, the symbol shows Full on the Bottom / Off, the symbol shows Full on the Top.. lol...

Where am I going Wrong? Ideas / Help Appreciated, Cheers Thanks
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 6, 2016, 05:36 AM
    The symbol probably doesn't represent time. It probably represents a full bucket or pan.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2016, 06:07 AM
    I've not used a Danby, but my experience is that the dehumidifier timer functions are flaky at best. The manufacturers just don't seem to understand what 99.99999% of users actually want it to do.

What I've resorted to doing is getting a heavy-duty timer, setting the dehumidifier up without the timer function enabled, and using the external timer to turn the dehumidifier on/off at easily programmable times.

Hope that helps,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Danby Portable Dishwasher DDW1899WP won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Hope someone can tell me what's going on with this new dishwasher. Just purchased it. Filled it with the needed salt and jetdry, hooked it to the faucet, and tried to turn it on. Pressed the start button on left. All the red lights blinked and the unit beeped but that's all. I noticed the green...

Danby Wine Cooler, On the Fritz... [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Danby Wine Cooler , model # DWC620BL-SC... It was Mfg. 2007 It was Originally a Gift.. Has never been used so I'm told... It appears there's a problem with the Setup, the digital controls don't respond properly to settings you input..?. Any idea what the Bug in the Ointment could be? Is...

Is it possible fir the 2 aircon brand like LG & panasonic share on 1 brand condenser [ 0 Answers ]

Coz we have 4 aircon units in our house of different brand (1 panasonic & 3 LG) would it be possible if the 2 will be shared in 1 condenser like LG & Panasonic in 1 Panasonic condenser?

Danby air conditioner [ 1 Answers ]

I have a danby ac unit Need the operating manual for model SAC6007EE

Water is dripping into the fridge compartment of my Danby DFF8200W [ 7 Answers ]

The water often comes from the grill at the front top of the fridge compartment. Looks like defrost water can't get down to the drainage tube that goes to the bottom. I removed the white rubber connector at the top rear left of the fridge compartment and could freely irrigate down to the pan on...

View more questions Search