Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KarateKidzz Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2016, 12:27 PM
    When should I ask questions at a new job?
    I joined an online fan-made studio that want to animate a story about a month ago(here or there). It's purely volunteer and not paid.

Today in the meeting, it was raised that the voice actors weren't getting their lines in for our own IP's. Some are but it's either slow for it to be sent or they just aren't auditioning. It wasn't dwelled upon but it worries me that if voice actors aren't doing their thing for the studio, will they do their thing for the main series? (First episode isn't out so not many lines have been done yet).

So I added the director of the studio on Skype and was going to send a message but I raised it with my parents who firmly said 'no' as I was sticking my nose into their business, I'm new and should do my own thing first.

However, if this issue isn't sorted, we could have to fire tons of people and hire new people, causing the first episode to take even longer than it has. But, as my parents said, the director would have thought of this and I'd be undermining him and will eventually annoy the whole studio.

But I don't know what he's thought of and this could become an issue.

What should I do? Listen to parents and not risk annoying the director, or contact him and see if the issue should be dealt with?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 4, 2016, 01:39 PM
    First I have no clue what an on-line fan made studio is or why you consider it a job. A job is something where you get paid for doing work and the amount of pay and the pay schedule is specifically defined.

If that's the case, then you should be asking question that pertain to your work output. If not, then you need to go slower.

Jun 4, 2016, 01:47 PM
    Sorry, I should have clarified; it's unpaid and purely a volunteer effort.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 4, 2016, 03:49 PM
    Then you keep your mouth shut about your concerns unless asked.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 4, 2016, 03:53 PM
    You made that part clear. What isn't clear is what the job is.
    Regardless, your parents are right.
    '...if this issue isn't sorted, we could have to fire tons of people and hire new people.' WE??? Choke, gag. When did you become something other than an unpaid volunteer, along with everyone else except the director? Leave this to him. Or quit and get a real job. Or quit, take some of the best workers with you, and write your own animation. (I wouldn't, at least without being very discrete about it.)

Jun 4, 2016, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You made that part clear. What isn't clear is what the job is.
    Regardless, your parents are right.
    '...if this issue isn't sorted, we could have to fire tons of people and hire new people.' WE??? Choke, gag. When did you become something other than an unpaid volunteer, along with everyone else except the director? Leave this to him. Or quit and get a real job. Or quit, take some of the best workers with you, and write your own animation. (I wouldn't, at least without being very discrete about it.)
    Thank you for the reality check :) I don't have the experience and I'll refrain from using 'we' in the future. And I'm working on the soundtrack (so not too important, which I should have thought about)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Then you keep your mouth shut about your concerns unless asked.
    Thank you. It's all new to me and didn't know how to act. I'll try to improve :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Radiologic Technologist job questions [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently enrolled in college and completing the prerequisites for the radiologic technology program offered at my college. I had some questions about obtaining certificates in other fields of radiation, after I receive my degree in radiologic technology do I have to go back to college to earn...

Graduate Job Offer Questions [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, can I ask if I have a graduate full-time offer signed with company A to begin work in March, and Company B comes along with a full-time offer with a higher pay and benefits to begin in September and I sign the offer with Company B as well: 1. Am I committing an offense (by signing the...

Job elimination questions [ 1 Answers ]

My company is doing a job elimantion-company wide-they are offering to send us to another company in the building that does the same work-we get to keep our pay, but the hours and very different-they say if we don't accept the position if you are offered then you get no severance, is this legal in...

In ref of a job questions [ 2 Answers ]

I am an accountant my responsibility are as follows: Review A/r Reports to determine of delinquent accounts, initiates collection action by contacting insurance and professional accounts such as doctors and hospitals and customers. -researches delinquent balance and reports to supervisor any...

Questions on a job I'm doing [ 7 Answers ]

I'm running motion sensors on 4 corners of my home on one circuit that will also junction off to my storage shed. I will need to bury this. The shed from the structure of the home is only 2 feet. Sucks I can't just extend to across through the air, but I don't want to deal with the inspector down...

View more questions Search