Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2016, 08:44 AM
    Racism is over, right? No teacher would give this test to her class, right?? Wrong.
    Hello:

Yeah, THIS test:

excon
    Attached Images

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 4, 2016, 09:22 AM
    Good grief! She was on the verge of retiring. And was a Language Arts teacher. A fun thing/test to work on at the end of school?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2016, 09:35 AM
    It's the same "test" that has gone around years before as a tongue in cheek example of the current times. Yes, some teachers have given it in jest, and have been reprimanded for it. Some have probably given it, without issue, as others have seen the over-the-top humor in it
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2016, 10:10 AM
    Hello D:

I don't find racism funny.

Is this funny?

Name:  african.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  7.4 KB

excon
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2016, 12:07 PM
    I agree with you, racism is not funny. I take racism as believing one race to be superior to that of another; which I find to be a ridiculous notion. I also think that many situations touted as "racism" these days are not truly examples of racism, but of bigotry... which seems to be rampant as of late. Too many have little or no tolerance for individual opinion, thought, or belief different from their own.

While some may find that picture funny, I just think it's a stupid attempt at being funny.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2016, 03:51 PM
    Has to be a joke, but in very poor taste
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 4, 2016, 05:06 PM
    Definitely not the way to retire.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 15, 2016, 11:55 AM
    Are you sure this really happened? I know teachers have done stupid things but this seems a bit over the top to be for real.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 15, 2016, 12:15 PM
    You don't spend enough time on Facebook. I see several of these every day.
    Are the memes that more than half the people on Facebook believe because they are pictures with fancy fonts something new under the sun?
    Not really, but never has there been such a barrage of garbage before.
    What it portends is beyond my ken.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2016, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Are you sure this really happened? I know teachers have done stupid things but this seems a bit over the top to be for real.
    Her name, plus the school's name and location, and other specifics, are all over the Internet. Snopes and urban legend sites don't mention it. As far as I can determine, it's a true story.
    current pert

Jul 15, 2016, 01:37 PM
    Oh sorry, forgot to open and read the link. Sounds like this was her effort to go out in flames and glory.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2016, 03:30 PM
    If it does prove to be true... its certainly unacceptable in any school, public or private. Yeah they would need a swift kick out the door...and even lose their retirement benefits beyond what they have contributed to.

Teachers that show their bias (political or otherwise) in the classroom , fail to properly educate the children, all they end up doing is indoctrinating them. No wonder so few who actually do graduate are even close to being ready for college.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2016, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Oh sorry, forgot to open and read the link. Sounds like this was her effort to go out in flames and glory.
    I'm guessing it was an end-of-school fun exercise. I wonder how she introduced it as she was passing it out. Oh, and she looks like Betty White's younger sister.
    current pert

Jul 15, 2016, 04:50 PM
    I was able to give you a greenie, Wondergirl! Looks like I waited the requisite 5 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teacher took my phone and won't give it back unless I give her $15.00? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, today was a basketball game so all the students got out of class to watch it. Me and my friend didn't want to so me and her hid in the bathroom. I told her that me and another friend were having a fight and that she wouldn't stop texting and spreading rumors about me and a boy in my class. So...

Boy in my class was constantly interrogated by our teacher [ 7 Answers ]

Anyway. this one guy wasn't incredibly nice, not great family life. But this teacher kept going up to him and asking him about home, making the rest of us stand outside while she interrogated him. Is that wrong or was she doing the right thing?

Teacher asked to Nanny by family in class [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've been working at the same early childhood center for over two years. About one year ago, I began picking up a two girls before school. I wake them up, get them ready and we're off. The family pays me well for doing this every morning and it has been a nice supplement to my income. Now, the...

View more questions Search