Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaVida Moore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2016, 07:40 AM
    My daughter
    10 year old daughter is having stomach pains and cramps she is also having the runs what do I do
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2016, 09:40 AM
    Could be just an upset stomach, stomach virus, etc. Has she started menstruating yet? That might be a possibility as well.
    Have her stick with bland foods... toast, crackers, bananas, etc. and offer fluids. If it becomes severe, or long lasting, contact her doctor.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 4, 2016, 04:06 PM
    Any parent should have a REGULAR family doctor who can be called, so that you don't have to sit in an ER for 5 hours while they see real emergencies ahead of you.
    Yes, it's the weekend...
    So do the bland foods, and maybe an OTC product for diarrhea.
    Keep an eye out for worsening pain and if it's stomach (above the naval) or abdomen (below), and which side, or middle, or all over.... all things a doctor on call for the weekend wants to know.
    Also take her temp.
    You could save some in a small jar from the toilet.

I once had a violent intestinal virus and did go to the ER. Food went totally undigested through me. The doc told me something very helpful - DON'T EAT ANYTHING AT ALL FOR 3 DAYS. Just clear broth and water water water (to replenish all the water lost). No juices that might act as laxatives, like apple. The virus feeds on any food you eat, and just prolongs the illness. It worked.

I assume that you also know where there are walk-in clinics in your area. Many are attached to hospitals, but much better for this than an ER, at a tenth of the cost.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter passed away,only children left are 20 daughter and a son 14.Canbt fif [ 4 Answers ]

Whom gets the vehicle that daughter owned before passing,14 yr ol 20 yr old daughter or should I file for a lost title if I am aloud.Note she had no will.My husband and I are trying to take care of funeral bill.Thank you.

Husband and daughter abuses me physically and verbally.Married daughter still at home [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter has watched her father verbally and physically abusing me and she also abuses me.she is married now and still won't move out.the house is on both my husbands and my name. My husband is willing to get help but my daughter is standing in our way,she is a bad influence on her dad.she...

My wife and I are polish my daughter was born in uk what nationality is my daughter [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I were both born and lived in Poland. We now live in the U.K and have since had a baby girl in the U.K. What will my baby girl be? Polish or British

My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back to take custody of her 2 kids. For the last year, the kids have lived with me, not her, but she is collecting SSI and welfare for them and spending it on herself and her boyfriend with not one cent to the kids. What can...

My daughter's father is trying to hold my daughter over my head because we aren't together [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter's father and I have not been together for a year now and at first we were keeping her every other week and splitting everything. Then I started struggling so he kept her for a couple months while I got on my feet.Now I have had her for the last 2 months straight and he sees her every...

View more questions Search