Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Candyflosslove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2016, 01:32 AM
    Do I really need physics?
    I'm in grade 11 and ever since I chose subjects, my family always told me that taking physics "opens doors" to every other career in life. The thing is, I've been hating it ever since I chose it. I only get C's and I don't think that's good at all. Do you think I should drop it? Considering that for what I want to do in life, I really only need biology- which I'm already taking.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 4, 2016, 05:27 AM
    A biologist DOES need a solid background in all the sciences, as well as math.

What if you want to become an expert in something like the physical motion of very fast animals (just one of thousands of specialties)? You do need physics.
    Saying 'Considering that for what I want to do in life, I really only need biology' is very, very naive.
    Taking groups of subjects is called 'transfer of knowledge.'
    These days, any advanced career also requires lots of math, statistics, and computer skills.

Why are you asking this in June? Do you live somewhere that has school beginning now?
    What is it that you want to do in biology?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 4, 2016, 06:21 PM
    I never took physics and have multiple degrees. It all depends on what the prerequisites are for your university.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 5, 2016, 02:12 AM
    It really depends on what you want to do and what the University you decide to go to, demands. If they require Physics for you to get into the program you want and the career you want, then you need to take it. If they don't require physics, then drop it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2016, 07:40 PM
    First how far along are you, high school should be getting over, in most areas??

And a C is not bad, nothing wrong about passing the class with C score.

It is required for some universities in some majors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physics help [ 0 Answers ]

On vacation in Pensacola a tourist floats lazily in the ocean with 85% of his body below the surface. The density of the ocean water is 1035 kg/m3. What is the tourist average density?

Physics [ 3 Answers ]

I should be able to answer this having taken the class, but I'm drawing a blank. A rocket takes off with constant acceleration. After 4 seconds a bolt falls off the rocket. The bolt hits the ground 6.3 seconds after falling off. What is the acceleration of the rocket? Help would be much...

Physics [ 1 Answers ]

Sue and Jenny kick a soccer ball at exactly the same time. Sue's foot exerts a force of 41.4 N to the north. Jenny's foot exerts a force of 102.7 N to the east. a) What is the magnitude of the resultant force on the ball? b) What is the direction of the resultant force (measured from East)?

View more questions Search