Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanishree2993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2016, 05:04 AM
    What is data recovery?
    What is data recovery ? And explain about data recovery software?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 3, 2016, 07:57 AM
    Data recovery is exactly what it sounds like. Recovering data. This usually is done to media that has been damaged. IE, broken memory stick, clicking hard drive, corrupt hard drive, scratched CD, etc. There is software out there, but it is hard to describe what it is and how it works. The basic idea is to mount the media to ensure that the PCBs aren't damaged, If those don't work then replace the PCBs if possible and try to access the data. If you can mount the volume but not see it then try to trouble shoot accessing the file system. That is the tricky part, especially if you don't know what that is. Then you take an image of the complete drive and virtually mount to retrieve the data.

It isn't a simple procedure of just gettign software to do it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 3, 2016, 03:51 PM
    In what context? Is this a homework question?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Data Recovery [ 2 Answers ]

Help! Reformatted PC, hit wrong button- lost.. everything. How do I retrieve what I have "wiped" (mostly word docs)

Data Recovery [ 5 Answers ]

I have a hard drive that crashed, I want to recover files, so a put it on a PC as a slave and able to see the files.the trouble that I'm having is some of the file that I want to access will not let me access them.how do I access these files?

Harddisk data recovery [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a hard drive that will not boot into windows anymore but I need some files from it, every diagnostic tool I use says the disk is OK to use, but every piece of software I have tried will only find deleted files and the files I want were never deleted I just can't can't get to them....

Data Recovery/Go Back ? [ 7 Answers ]

I made the mistake of trusting a program called Go Back which came with the Norton Suite. Had it told me it was compressing my drive, I would've stopped it... but it's too late for that.. the drive is having major problems now, it hasn't been bootable for some time, but any partitioning/formatting...

View more questions Search