Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandra Szanto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2016, 12:21 PM
    Age and approximate value of sewing machine
    I have a Montgomery Ward rough surface dark brown electric sewing machine in a cabinet with a knee depresser. When plugged in the motor makes a humming sound, the cord is frayed, nothing moves. I plan to get a new motor with cord and have the machine serviced and restored to running condition. I wish to know the year and approximate value. Serial number E 14 NS-121 A. I rescued this machine from being thrown onto a dump. I plan to keep it.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Sandra Szanto
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2016, 01:38 AM
    short of making a lamp out of it, or a mail box holder, the dump is about where it belongs.

Old electric sewing machines have no value, not even parts normally.
    You could replace the motor, if you need one to use, if the other parts are in working order.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2016, 05:42 PM
    Here is one on Ebay, $25 no bids. Only thing with a bid is an oil can! Typically these machines have little value, most people don't sew and /or buy something newer.

Vintage Montgomery Wards Model E Sewing Machine w Case Running Condition | eBay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age and value of Eldredge E Sewing machine? [ 4 Answers ]

I have my grandmother's old sewing machine. It has a plate on the back that reads National Sewing Machine Co. Serial number 308833. The front says Eldredge E on it. It is an electric sewing machine in a parlor cabinet. I am not sure if it is worth cleaning up and keeping or selling or giving it...

Domestic sewing machine, number 40781. What is r the age [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know know the age.

White Family Rotary Treadle Sewing Machine age estimate? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I lucked into a reconditioned White Family Rotary Treadle machine and found that the serial number is hugher than any that I have seen on various sites. FR 3421239 It is black with gold decal 'White Rotary' on it. Any ideas? Thanks so much.

I have a White sewing machine and I would like to know the age. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a White sewing machine, I am unable to find the serial number. I have found a FR #, and a number on the base of the machine that was rubbed and faded, but from what I could tell it was 9037-2. The FR number is FR 5018732. There is also a motor number 404666. I don't know a lot about sewing...

View more questions Search