Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    agalindo3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2016, 08:15 AM
    What adhesive works for bathroom vanity cast iron sink and hudee ring
    We are replacing the cast iron sink in the bathroom and need an adhesive for the sink and hudee ring, thank you
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 2, 2016, 10:19 AM
    Installing the "Hudee" frames, we always give it a narrow bead of latex-based caulk, on both counter top side and the sink side.

Milo

PS: Mike45plus: Thank you for your detailed explanation
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Jun 2, 2016, 12:13 PM
    The Hudee sink frame was popular for cast iron sink installs in the 1950's, 60's, and 70's; there really was no other way to install a cast sink in a Formica counter top at that time. The rim, or ring ( they were available round, oval, square, & rectangle ) as some called it, protected the countertop plywood, disguised / hid the raw cast iron sink edge, and held the sink in place with a series of punch tabs & screw clips. I installed hundreds of sinks with hudee frames, and always used plumbers putty on the sink and countertop...
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2016, 12:39 PM
    Hello Agalindo3,

Please open the link below to read the history of Hudee Ring, I will agree with Mike45plus to use Plumber Putty because he has experience with it, But still respond to Milo question he may have better idea, Thanks.

John

Hudee Ring Kitchen Sink EXPLAINED! | BoomPopMedia
    Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

May 27, 2017, 06:08 AM
    Water based caulk may not be ideal for sealing the raw edge of cast iron or steel sinks - latex caulk can cause rust stains from its contact with the un coated sink edge...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under sink hookup bathroom vanity [ 2 Answers ]

Item # 217-251, Model #F5121033CP Pop up body has four holes, they are shown in the manuel, water pours out of them when the sink is hooked up. What can I do?

Is there such thing as a Cast Iron sleeve to put into Cast Iron plumbing pipes? [ 8 Answers ]

Is there a Cast Iron sleeve to put inside Cast Iron plumbing pipes to keep them from rusting?

Can I tap into a cast iron drain for a new bathroom? [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to add a bathroom to my house. The house sits on a slab, and there is a vented drain of 2 1/2" cast iron, which runs to the main drain at front of the house. It currently is for the laundry room. Can I tap into this pipe for a toilet, shower, and sink for the new bathroom. It's...

How do I connect a bathroom sink drain to a cast iron toilet drain [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a leaky one and a quarter inch lead drain pipe that goes from the sink to the toilet. It is about 30" long and connects to the cast iron toilet drain, through a large cast iron nut which appears to screw into the side of the drain. All of this is located in a powder room in...

Need to Remove Cast Iron Bathroom Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I need to remove a cast iron bathroom sink that's bolted onto the wall. I don't see any bolts. Help! Suggestions?

View more questions Search