Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samandr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2016, 02:51 PM
    Drag and drop is not working in windows xp
    "I am using windows xp.recently the ability to do drag and drop files or folders and moving the selected windows by mouse is not working." I tried many softwares for correcting windows problems and registry cleaning but again the problem is persist.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 2, 2016, 09:25 AM
    Here's a page with several suggestions.

I can't get drag and drop to work in Windows Xp SP3. It does not - Microsoft Community

You can try the simple esc key first and then if that doesn't do it go into your Start Menu Properties and see if drag and drop somehow got disabled. I'm not on XP at the moment but the reply about right clicking the start menu button may or may not get you the context menu since on my Win 7 it says "enable context menus and dragging and dropping". If XP is the same, right clicking the start button may not give a context menu to access its properties.

Here's another page:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-f35b06a90766

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tub drain need to drop 26", btr to drop at 45 or 90? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, I'm installing a shower and have been scratching my head on this for a while. I need to run the drain along the wall above to so I can vent it (for a foot or two), then hang a right and head toward the stack about 5' away. Due to the small crawl space and T on the stack, I need...

How to drag and drop pictureboxes on the visual basic 2008 form on runtime? [ 0 Answers ]

What I want to do is to drag and drop a picture box in to another picture box while the program. What is the code for doing this? Please help. Thank you * Using Visual Basic 2008

Drop Down Menu hangs in "save as" in Windows XP [ 3 Answers ]

When I try to save anything using "save as" in xp, nothing happens when I try to click the 'down' arrow in the drop down menu. I have to click it over and over and finally it does drop down the menu to allow me a choice to where to save it. It is really irritating and is very consistent. ...

USB 2.0 not working in Windows XP [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having trouble getting an Intel USB 2.0 hub accepted by windows XP but the hub itself will operate at USB 1 speeds (ie Windows accepts it as a USB port, it just operates at the slower rate and gives me warnings when I fit USB 2 hardware into it (like thumb drives) that the drive will only...

View more questions Search