Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JimKen57 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2016, 06:58 AM
    Setting Up Raid 10?
    I have two storage devices (SNAP 4500's). One's got the data - the second is a backup. I have four new storage devices (TeraStations) - empty at this time. I want to transfer the data from the SNAP's to the TeraStations. Do I have to configure the new devices to RAID 10 first? If so, how? Once done, how then do I transfer the data from the SNAP's? Thanks,

James
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 1, 2016, 07:02 AM
    Best to use hardware based RAID rather than software.
    Setup the terra's as per the wizards, then it's a simple case of copying one to the other, normal windows drag copy will do this.

Jun 1, 2016, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Best to use hardware based RAID rather than software.
    Setup the terra's as per the wizards, then it's a simple case of copying one to the other, normal windows drag copy will do this.
    I'll look up hardware based RAID, but I have no idea what wizards are. What's the wizards?

Thanks.

Jun 1, 2016, 10:13 AM
    Raid 10?
    I'm transferring data from two SNAP 4500's to four new TeraStations - each having 4 disc drives. Is RAID 10 the best option for setting up the new Terastations?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I changed a tool setting and it returns to old setting? [ 2 Answers ]

After I changed my tools setting to 100% zoom it returned back to the 125% picture. How do I keep the 100% setting%

Cannot run RAID and Non-RAID HD at the same time. [ 1 Answers ]

My current system was running on 2 X 320GB SATA RAID 0, I would like to add 1 more Harddisk to backup my files, how to do that? Is it possible to run RAID and Non-RAID (normal SATA single drive) at the same time? help. Thanks. ekang

Raid 5 [ 1 Answers ]

How to make raid 5 in win2003

Software RAID configuration is helpful compared to hardware RAID in any of the cases? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Software RAID configuration (Dynamic Disk) is helpful compared to hardware RAID in any of the cases? I haven't seen Software RAID until now. Just wanted to know the pros and cons regarding this. Thanks in advance, Vathsa

Raid/sata150 [ 8 Answers ]

I need advice in regards to setting up RAID HDD configuration. I'm a gamer, only playing half-life, the machines primary use. Currently using a WD Raptor SATA/150 HDD. Will going to a RAID set up improve performance in this environment? Thx in advance. System profile: P4C 3.0 CPU Asus P4800...

View more questions Search