Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlite Posts: 90, Reputation: 3

May 31, 2016, 03:49 PM
    UCC list??
    I received a very strange phone call today from someone and now I am worried. What he said was the following: "I have your file here in front of me and I can offer you better rates." When I told him I did not apply for any loans, he said that my business is listed in the UCC and that someone has received or is trying to apply for a loan under my business name. When I pressed him for more details, he could not provide it. Was he trying to force me to take a loan, or is this something I should worry about- that someone is using my business name to apply for credit ? How can I find out ? This is truly a screwed up world!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 31, 2016, 05:03 PM
    Tell them to send you acopy of the application.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 31, 2016, 05:54 PM
    Businesses have credit reports too. If you aren't checking yours you aren't being diligent.

That being said, I suspect this was either a cold caller who got your name from the phonebook, or a scam artist who got your name from someplace. I did a quick search on UCC and I see no reference that would list businesses
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2016, 11:36 PM
    The UCC is a list of laws and rules. It sounds more like a "fishing". First what files?
    And then he said better rates, meaning he is not same company, as other (if there really was a other)

My personal feel, a scam.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 1, 2016, 12:13 AM
    Sounds like a scam to me.

It would be easy to check if anyone has applied for a loan under your business name. Time for you to check.

I hope you didn't give this person any personal information. Heck, I would have asked him one simple question: "what's my business name?" Bet he wouldn't have had an answer to that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

UCC-1 [ 0 Answers ]

Hello all I have researched information on filing personal and business Ucc-1, I want to file them were they will report to all 3 credit bureaus. 1. Can someone tell me exactly how it shows up on the credit report? 2. From my research it said to file a security deed or a promissory...

Determine whether common law or UCC applies? [ 1 Answers ]

If a contract involves both the sale of goods and the sale of services, how does a court determine whether common law or UCC applies?

Ucc 1-308 speeding ticket California? [ 1 Answers ]

Dose this law apply in califorina. Ucc 1-308 Ron Paul I got a speeding ticket on 08-31-10 the CHP wrote 11-31-10 as violation date Can this be refused for cause in the state of califorina

What is UCC exactly? [ 1 Answers ]

I owned a convenience store and upon closing March the 10th of this year, I have a few debtors who I had given credit to and also a couple of stop payment checks I need to file on small claims, was just looking up statute of limitations for Alabama.

Banking and the UCC [ 2 Answers ]

Just information for you to read about banking. http://www.lawresearchgroup.com/articles/article.php?story=20060102011133226;)

View more questions Search