Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbtLrLrL721 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2016, 11:12 AM
    How do I get rid of a small skin growth on my face?
    It looks like a zit. But I have had it about 3 months now. A skin growth is what I call it. If I try to pick at it, it will bleed. So I leave it alone and keep my face washed and put lotion on it.
    How do I get rid of it? Is this a matter for a doctor to take care of?
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

May 30, 2016, 12:06 PM
    You may want to let a dermatologist take a look at it.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 30, 2016, 12:31 PM
    I and most of my family have every kind of skin growth there is, from harmless tags and fatty (sebaceous) moles to basal cells and melanomas.
    Causing it to bleed is not a good idea.
    Yes, wash it of course, but mainly stop picking at it. I'd also cover it from sunlight til it can be seen.
    See a dermatologist.
    I have a pink basal cell that NO ONE thought was one until the lab results came back positive. I wondered because it started out as a mosquito bite 5 years ago, but grew wider.
    Big 'tags' are usually pendulous (sort of hanging) and are harmless. So are big fat moles, as long as they are uniform.
    It takes years of study to recognize differences.
    Basal cell cancers don't spread except their surrounding area. Melanomas, VERY different kind of cancer, spread internally and can be deadly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get rid of moss growth on concrete foundation? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get rid of moss on a concrete foundation?

How to get rid of oily skin n get fair skin. [ 6 Answers ]

I am 22 yr gal. I ve got bit dark complexion and my skin is too much oily. Using honey,cucumber soap, curd or milk make my skin more oily things get worsen. Evan my hands are bit wheatish colour. Please suggest me ssome useful home made remedies to get rid of oily skin and to get fair skin.

How to increase hair growth on face [ 1 Answers ]

How we increase hair growth on Facial part

I have a darkened small patch of dry protruding skin suddenly on my face and on my ch [ 0 Answers ]

I have a darkened small patch of dry protruding skin suddenly on my face and on my chest there is a "necklace" shaped spotchy rash but it is pink and not potruding, my partner noticed it 20 minutes ago and it seems to be getting a little worse, I'm not allergic to anything I've eaten in the last 24...

Skin burn or reaction to a skin cream lighthening called (makari) :How to get rid of [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I live in vancouver and back in December went in africa for the fist time after several years ,came back and I couldn't believe how dark I turned because of the sun and I didn't take any sunscreen with me ,conclusion it horrible compared to how light my skin was before then asked one of my...

View more questions Search