Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eddielewis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2016, 11:47 AM
    Refrigerator problem
    Hi Guys
    We are fairly new to RVing so would really appreciate any help you can give.
    We have a 1992 Glendale C class RV. We recently unplugged the power source to take the RV for cleaning and upon return and reconnection of power I cannot get the Norcold refrigerator to recognize the A/C power source. Normally when I switch the fridge to auto the elec light illuminated telling me we are running on A/C power source. This is not happening DC will illuminate and when I switch to propane the propane light illuminates. We had it out at a campground 2 weeks ago and everything was working fine... Any suggestions? Thanks so much for any advise you can give
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 28, 2016, 12:39 PM
    Any suggestions?
    I know nothing about this so keep in mind that you ask for suggestions.

I doubt that you have an AC or DC or propane refrigerator. It is probably a DC or propane refrigerator with the AC being converted to DC. AC to DC is a fairly easy thing to do. Just a few electrical diodes. Not true going from DC to AC.

Do other AC powered appliances work?

Trace the AC power line to the refrigerator. You will probably find some switch or electrical component not working.
    Of course the first thing to do would be to look for a blown fuse in the AC line.

As stated I know nothing about this, so it is just a suggestion.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2016, 10:54 PM
    Which Norcold refrigerator do you have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refrigerator Problem [ 4 Answers ]

I found out why the icemaker cubes are clumping together. The force of the water coming into the tray is excessive. And splash all over the freezer. I tried the adjustment screw on the icemaker. And turned down the supply valve on the water line. But it still has force. Any suggestion. Another...

Refrigerator problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Our rabbit has chewed the wire of our fridge and it is no longer working. How much would it cost to fix this problem? Thanks for your help

Refrigerator problem [ 0 Answers ]

Hey my fridge temperature works minimum only and when the temperature is increased above minimum the fridge stops working and the green lights start flashes, which I think sounds like its being short circuited. Any help would be good Thanks =) Optional information: Make: whirlpool Model:...

Refrigerator Bulb Problem [ 4 Answers ]

My refrigerator bulb blew out and a new one was installed but it doesn't work. What do I do to correct this problem?

Refrigerator problem [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry I don't know where to post this I have not seen an appliance forum here. I have a GE double door refrigerator with ice maker and water dispenser it runs quite long and when it shuts down I hear this loud knocking sound. What could be the cause of this. I have cleaned it from behind and...

View more questions Search