Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vessel Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2016, 07:41 PM
    Advice on buying Harley 2004 dyna fxdl
    Hello
    I am looking at a 20004 harley 2004 fxdl with 32000 at a harley dealership this would be my first bike and was wondering if for $ 7000 this bike is good buy. I have been looking at bikes with less miles than this at around 6 or 7 thousand is in my price range. I have rode a sportster so I wanted to upgrade but because of my budget I have to look at bikes that are little older. I would like to take this bike on longer trips. I would appreciate any advice on a bike I should be looking at and should I consider a bike that has 32000 miles or look for something with less miles... thank you
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 26, 2016, 08:41 PM
    Sportster is great for town and when you need maneuverability... the Big Twin is better on highways and longer trips. WIth that said I've done 5,000 miles on a sportster in less than 2 weeks and have been all over Europe up to 12 hours at a stretch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Advice on buying 1995 harley wide glide [ 1 Answers ]

I have a chance to buy a 1995 harley fdxwg with 12,000 miles for $ 5000 the bike looks clean and in good shape in the picture and this is the second owner who says he only has ridden it twice this year. The tires on the bike are original. He said last year Harley stored the bike for him and went...

Harley fxdl blew an ignition fuse while accelerating [ 1 Answers ]

2001 Harley Davidson fxdl 1450c.c. my bike shut off while accelerating in 4th gear. After coasting to a stop at the side of the highway I attempted to start the bike in neutral. I had headlights/horn and dummie lights but no turn signals and no ignition. I checked fuses and 15a ignition was blown....

Harley Davidson dyna wide glide [ 0 Answers ]

Have a 2001 HD dyna wide glide. Cranks but will not start. New battery, coil and module but still no spark.

Why would my 2004 dyna wide glide have a gear shutter when comeing to a stop in 1st a [ 4 Answers ]

I just replaced my drive belt and since then I have a bad shutter seems to be comeing from the primary area only when I gear down in 1st and second gear as I come to a stop its fine on take off and fine in neutral can sum1 please help?

View more questions Search