Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sapp413 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2016, 11:22 AM
    What's wrong?
    My 15 year old has been having unprotected sex for three months she has not gotten pregnant, is something wrong?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 26, 2016, 12:09 PM
    Besides the fact that she's having unprotected sex? No. The most fertile couples could take over a year to become pregnant. It takes a special set of circumstances for a woman to become pregnant and, while it isn't that difficult, it can take a while if everything doesn't line up just right.

Now the question comes, why is a 15 yo having unprotected sex?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 26, 2016, 12:26 PM
    What the hell?!

Your child is having unprotected sex and you are concerned because she isn't pregnant? What kind of parent are you?

Oh, I know, you are the child, not the parent but you are pretending to be the parent.

Why on God's green earth are you having unprotected sex at 15 years old? Are you a glutton for punishment? Consider yourself lucky that you haven't gotten pregnant yet.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2016, 12:30 PM
    Why do you want her to (or better, why do YOU want to) get pregnant?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 26, 2016, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapp413 View Post
    My 15 year old has been having unprotected sex for three months she has not gotten pregnant, is something wrong?

You mean wrong besides having a teenage brain that apparently doesn't function very well? Because its not for lack of them not teaching HOW you get pregnant, they have been teaching that for well over 40 years in the schools...so that only leaves willful ignorance or pure stupidity being the culprit.

I see another 16 year old high school dropout single mother working dead end jobs the rest of her life living in a trailer park or projects in the making. And historically very few pregnant 15 year olds graduate high school and far fewer ever make it to college much less graduate from there too.

Harsh..yes, but behavior like this goes far beyond stupidity. And any teenager WANTING much less trying (and this one IS doing that) to get pregnant IS stupid. Ask any parent. No teenager on earth is ready or prepared for it despite what they might think.

And also..the sperm donor is extremely unlikely to stick around much after they find out or she starts showing...and good luck getting another stupid 15 year old boy to pay anything...for the next few years anyway...they won't have a job because who will hire them anyway and if they do they won't make much money so guess what...YOUR life gets screwed up too until she's old enough to kick out of the house.

I really don't like using stupid this much...but there really ISN'T a better word that can be used in this situation, but I can think of many much worse ones.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2016, 04:54 AM
    "My 15 year old has been having unprotected sex for three months she has not gotten pregnant, is something wrong?"

I am going to go with what is lack of parenting skills, Alex.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 27, 2016, 08:43 AM
    If you are the mother, you should be in jail, along with the sex partners. Where do you live, Pakistan?
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

May 27, 2016, 09:01 AM
    Hate to say it, but if that is not the dumbest question I have heard on this site, it damn well is right up at the top of the list.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2016, 06:19 PM
    My guess, this is the 15 year old, and she wanted to act like the parent, hoping you would get better answers. But her use of english and understanding adult behavior is so poor, that he got more attacks, than, that of a 15 year old, just asking the question.
    My guess anyway.

She is just lucky. The sperm did not reach or unite with the egg. But it is like Russian Roulette. The bullet, will come if they keep doing it.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 1, 2016, 08:58 AM
    I'm not sure what your motives are to risk becoming a teenage parent, but it's indeed sad to hear.

I was 31, married to a 38-year-old, each with college degrees and a home I'd owned for 10 years before we had our first child. Of course, I love our children more than anything, but being a parent is the single hardest thing we've ever done together. Financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually, it is a 24/7 365 day job. I can't imagine how much harder it would be for someone as young and disadvantaged (no life experience) as you.

I did have a friend who gave birth to her first at 15. She's 35 now and has three grandchildren. Her life, and the lives of her 5 children, 3 grandchildren have been extremely difficult. It's so hard as a teenager to see what difficulties lie ahead. I hope you think twice about having unprotected sex until you're much further in life.
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Jun 1, 2016, 01:50 PM
    Yes, There is something wrong! But not because why she isn't getting pregnant, but Because Why does a 15 years old trying to be pregnant. A 15 years old kid, its her age to grow herself, not to grow a baby. If you are the mother then please take care of the girl and do not let her life to go down in this way, she is just a kid, what all these people in the comments are saying MAY not make that much sense to her, but You are an adult. Parents are suppose to guide the child till they are mature enough to take care of themselves ALONE. Sometimes Kids may react negatively to the corrections but that's almost every kids do in teenage years. But I can promise you when they will grow and see the Fruits of those correctness and discipline, they will thank you for doing that.
    On the second note, If you are the 15 years old girl pretending to be a parent here. The age you are is your time to learn, grow, enjoy this time not to grow a baby when you yourself is a kid. Even for us adults when we have baby for first time we face lot of challenges. So, as a kids you calculate yourself what it could be. As they say, there is a time for everything. 15 year old is not the time for being pregnant and provide for the baby. Its your time to learn, grow, enjoy your time and prepare yourself for the future

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong person or wrong time? [ 2 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with a guy that was perfect in every way; not just on a paper way, but in an ideals on life, type of person way. If anyone would ever ask me what I wanted in a guy, I would describe him in every way. We'd been seeing each other for a year, most weekends, met each others...

At the wrong place at the wrong time [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine was arrested on two counts of armed robbery, but he's innocent. An associate of his decided to talk to the people next door, so he called my friend over... As soon as he got there, the associate pulled a gun out on the people, He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The police...

Baby Mama Drama & Was I Wrong, & Was My Boyfriend Wrong? [ 31 Answers ]

3 threads merged and edited baby mama drama, all messed up! Ok, Me and my boyfriend started going together on August 1st 2007, on September 27th 2007 the girl he dealt with before we got together called him and told him she was pregnant and that the baby might be his but she didn't know if...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search