Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klynski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2016, 10:09 AM
    2004 john deer tractor starter silinoid
    Replaced the cylinoid in a 2004 john deer tractor and charged battery with a charger . Now it will not start at all! My friend is not knowledgeable on fixing this problem . Can you explain what to do? First the battery cable did not have a good charge and he said it was because the wires were shot. He replaced the cylinoid and battery cable. What could be the problem
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 26, 2016, 02:11 PM
    "First the battery cable did not have a good charge". Battery cables do not hold any charge, they transmit power only. What was the problem before, why did you change the solenoid? Does it crank or do nothing? Have you checked the seat safety switch?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deer lx176 lawn tractor safety switches [ 1 Answers ]

I found the seat safety switch but not the others. As soon as I release the brake the engine shuts off. Please help.

My john deer L110 tractor will not engage [ 1 Answers ]

My John Deer L110 Tractor will not ingage when I rotate the clutch arm into mowing position. I thought it might be the belt so I changed it and it still won't engage. The clutch seems to want to engage, but after I put it in go mode the belt does not roate. I did lubricate all of the pivots after...

What makes a john deer 160 lwn tractor act like its in netural in any gear [ 1 Answers ]

I have a john deer lawn tractor and all of a sudden it will not move in any gear. It was running just fine. It will go into any gear now with out having to push the clutch in. Could someone guide me to where to begin looking so I can fix it. Thanking you in advance. Sincerely, Jerry G.

John Deer Sabre lawn tractor grinds when put in gear [ 4 Answers ]

As I was mowing my lawn, I backed up and when I put John Deere Sabre lawn tractor, (model 15 1/2 1642 automatic HXD 1698A) in gear to go forward I heard a grinding noise if I attempted to go forward with any speed. After putting it up on blocks to inspect, I started the mower and it ran just fine...

John Deer 160 lawn tractor [ 1 Answers ]

Why is the relay on my John Deer 160 mower burning up. I put a new one on, the engine runs and when I shut it off, it will not start anymore. The relay is kaput!

View more questions Search