Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rimjhimgarg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2016, 04:12 AM
    Pregnancy at mid 30's
    Hello all, I am 32 years old and me and my husband has decided to plan baby in about 2 years of time. I know it is bit late for a women but due to financial issue and work related thing I have to wait. I want to know how can I prepare my body to get pregnant at suppose 34-35 age ? I don't smoke , I drink once in two month ( which I am happy to quit too) , I am not overweight, I have started tracking my periods and they are regular.. I don't know why but I am scared to think what if my age doesn't help me. Please let me know any precaution to take that can help me in getting pregnant in my mid 30's..
    rimjhimgarg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2016, 04:19 AM
    Not pregnant
    Hello all, I am 32 years old female and me and husband have unprotected sex only. We are having sex from past 3 years and we never use condom or contraception pill. My husband had never reached climax inside me. He always make sure to withdraw within time as we are not planning for a baby yet. I have never been pregnant in these three years. I want to know is that normal ? I am kind of scared now. Does it means that I can't get pregnant ? My periods are regular . Please let me know is there something to worry about ? Should I see a doctor ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 26, 2016, 04:48 AM
    3 years... this amounts to pure luck but it is possible. No it doesn't mean you can't get pregnant. Millions actually do get pregnant every year doing exactly what you are doing.

If you do actually start to try at some point and haven't within 2 years of trying, then possibly a visit to a doctor is on order for both of you at that time.

Its more a matter of timing and luck as to how easily or how quickly it happens for any couple.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2016, 07:04 AM
    So far the withdrawal method seems to be working for you even if it is not as effective for other couples. I see no cause for concern right now, but a checkup to relax your own fears and address all your concerns couldn't hurt.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 26, 2016, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rimjhimgarg View Post
    Hello all, I am 32 years old and me and my husband has decided to plan baby in about 2 years of time. I know it is bit late for a women but due to financial issue and work related thing I have to wait. I want to know how can I prepare my body to get pregnant at suppose 34-35 age ? I don't smoke , I drink once in two month ( which I am happy to quit too) , I am not overweight, I have started tracking my periods and they are regular.. I don't know why but I am scared to think what if my age doesn't help me. Please let me know any precaution to take that can help me in getting pregnant in my mid 30's..
    As was said, I would have you both go for a checkup to make sure you're both fertile. If you can get prenatal vitamins, that would be helpful for you. Beyond that there isn't much you can do, you're in good shape as is. Your age does present a 'higher' then normal risk for complications, but I Wouldn't let that concern you. Just make sure the pregnancy, when it happens, is monitored. Most doctors will do this automatically considering your age.

The other thing to consider is that it can take a while for perfectly fertile couples to become pregnant. Planning to become pregnant in two years could turn to more. I would consider starting to try in a year instead of two. Definitely allowing him to ejaculate in you will help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am trying to find the name of a movie from mid 70's to mid 80's. [ 1 Answers ]

I remember a man with kids, and they were in a cabin. There was a lot of snow & the wolves kept trying to get in. That is all I remember. Does anyone know what it was?

Mid 80's to mid 90's movie. [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to find a movie I watched as a teenager. I think it had to have been made between 1985-1995. The movie was about a teacher who was assigned the worst students in the school. He took them to a facility where he eventually taught them a form of martial arts he learned in South America or...

Sifi movie from mid 70s to mid 80s [ 2 Answers ]

Hey, I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie I watched when I was a kid. What I remember is there is a women and whoever looked into her eyes turned to stone, she had snakes coming out of her head I think. Lol There was also an Owl (a tin owl I think) And also I think there was a 3 headed...

What is the name of the TV series from the mid 1980-mid 1990's [ 3 Answers ]

About a man for hire to eliminate someone causing you a problem - the show aired on CBS - I believe the actor's first name is Edward -but not positive

From mid brown to BLACK to mid brown? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi :) I used to have (dyed) permanent mid brown to dark hair and semi permanent red highlights and I wanted to get the same colour with my roots to let it grow and stop dying it.. AND IT TURNED BLACK! So: This is what I had before...

View more questions Search