Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Socalstarter Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2016, 05:02 PM
    Garage door.
    My garage door doesn't go up all the way. I unhook the arm from the door to the motor and motor works great. I checked around and the cables are loose. I've been searching and I found out that those cables must have some tension. Could be that the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 23, 2016, 06:16 PM
    Do you have side springs or torsion spring? Not going up can be a torsion spring or mis-aligned stop control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Radio controlled garage light turns on and off with garage door opener? [ 0 Answers ]

HP I have a radio controlled entrance light on a detached garage which works well. However I have now discovered that the entrance light also goes on when the garage door opener is actuated. Since I usually use the wall switch to close the garage door it leaves the entrance light on at...

Should I frame a wall on outside of garage door, leaving garage door in place? [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to convert the garage into a workroom by putting up a frame on the outside of the garage door, insulating it and leaving the garage door in place so that if I need to sell the house I can convert the room back into a garage. What problems could arise and are there any...

How to build an interior wall inside garage without removing the garage door [ 5 Answers ]

I want to build a wall inside my 1 car garage, I have flooring down already with those 2ftX 2ft squares with plastic on the bottom and click together wood flooring on top. I can't (because of condo docs) remove the garage door.. but I want to make this into a bedroom. Myidea is to seal the garage...

How do I syncronize my remote control garage door pad with my garage door [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how I can syncronize my remote control pad to open the garage door from the car?? I recently reset my code on the panel, because I didn't know the original code and now when I drive up in the car, my remote contral pad does not work to open the garage door... Any possible...

How do I sync the keyless pad garage door opener to the main garage door opener? [ 3 Answers ]

I mistakenly gave someone my garage door opener that didn't return it. I had a male friend come over and "change the code" including my car opener and gave me a universial which he also programmed. I came to realize my code for my keyless pad outside doesn't work (since he changed the code... )....

View more questions Search